Chapter 7 - Superhero Instincts

Your POV

Baymax soared high over the city, heading towards the city bank. I held on tightly, totally not nervous of what I'm supposed to do. Hiro noticed my anxiety and patted my hand.

"You nervous?"

"How is it even possible to become superheroes?"

"Uh, I actually have no idea. It just happened."

I let out a shaky breath. "Yeeaaah. So do I just execute amazing moves, and that's it?"

"And try not to get killed."

"Yeah, that too."

"You have us you know, don't worry."

"This is so weird! Like, just walking around in weird suits and saving the world. It doesn't work! Didn't you guys have no idea what you were doing when you first used the suits? You attacked a pigeon and not even hitting it, didn't you? And you also didn't work together and Yokai escaped?"

Hiro chuckled. "Yeah, we were sort of bad. But it's like second nature once you get it."

I groaned. "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Why are you always second guessing yourself, (Y/N)? Cuz I'm not giving up on you. I'll drag you to do everything if I have to. Live your life, (Y/N)! A fourteen year-old not in college can easily do whatever instead of just wasting it!"

"Why are you always lecturing me?" I complained, punching him lightly in the back.
Hiro thought about it. "Maybe it's because we're similar. I've been in the same circumstances."

I have thought about it before. I see our differences, they were obvious like fire and ice. But when it comes to our similarities, they hit hard. They all seem to be the one that defined us more as a person.

"Hiro, I have located the bad guys," Baymax told us and landed. I hopped off alongside Hiro. He turned to look at me.

"You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Heads up!" Gogo cried from the other side. One of her magnetic discs shot past me, narrowly missing my head. It momentarily startled the robber in front, and Fred jumped out from behind a building, shooting fire. The first robber abruptly stopped, but the other two dodged and ran ahead. The first robber turned around to see Wasabi appear out of nowhere. He was trapped, so Wasabi easily handcuffed him. Up ahead, Honey tries to trap the other robbers with her explosives, but is missing them because she doesn't want to hurt them. So instead, she's driving them off course. Soon, the robbers ran through a rather large flea market, the makeshift stores blocking us from attacking and seeing them.

"Smart," I muttered. High above, I see Baymax scanning the area. Then through the helmet, I heard Baymax naming off their positions. I followed after one, but there were so many people, I couldn't see. Fred was jumping up and down, but he couldn't spot the robbers either. Wasabi had to turn off his plasma blades to avoid harming any civilians, Honey can't just throw her chem-balls, and Gogo can't easily maneuver through the packed area, so we were basically stuck.

I haven't been much of a help, and I frantically thought of how. My power is sound, so how can I use that to... ohhhh.

I flicked my microphone on and apologized to everyone before swinging my guitar to my front, switching the tune [like how you can change 'instrument' sounds on the keyboard] and loudly strumming it, horrible noises like feedback, static and all that ricocheted out, annoying everyone. I kept it up and told everyone to hurry up and catch the robbers. But they too couldn't handle the sound, just covering their ears, wishing it would stop. Through the communicator, I could hear their complaints.