"Sakura dear, why did you pick such a fancy restaurant? I can barely tell what I'm getting to eat." Sakura giggles at her mothers remarks.

"I just thought it'd be a nice change you know?" She nods in agreement before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Oh Sakura, you really do light up a room don't you." She grabs her hands from the other side of the table. "I'm afraid your sister is slowly morphing into you from a few years ago,"

"Oh, my— Is she a fangirl?" She nods "Who for?"

"Uh— what's his name?" She thinks for a minute. "Oh! He's in that one show, you know! Hideki Ryuga!" I audibly gasp.

It's not really surprising, he is really quite attractive but her little sister who is supposed to be innocent made her at least a little surprised.

"Oh my god! Really!" Sakura exclaim a little too loudly for the restaurants high adequate.

"Yeah really, it's virtually like that obsession you had for—"

"Mom, please! that's enough!" They both giggle as the waiter brings their food over and we tuck in.

•••

"Hey Light! Come on, Dinners ready!" Sayu shouts up the stairs to Light as the other ladies lay the table. They had only just gotten home about an hour ago since they ended up wasting their time shopping afterwards.

The Yagami family all sit down at the table when a few minutes into the meal Sayu remembers that her favourite movie is on and rushes to sit on the floor in front of the TV.

"I love you... always." the man on the screen tells his lover.

"Hideki Ryuga, I swear he's perfect!" She swoons as she crouches on the floor approximately two inches away from the screen "How come no one in my class is like that?"

"Sayu— Just eat your dinner." Mom pleads her to come back to the table as Sakura smiles and eat a mouth full of her food.

"I'll eat later!" Sayu calls out as a jingle noise is heard from the TV and it headlines an announcement.

"Huh? What's this? ICPO?" Sayu read the words on the TV screen curiously. "they're saying that in response to the Kira murders Interpol has decided to dispatch a force of 15,000 investigators to Japan. The investigators were drawn from the law enforcement agencies of its member nations. 15,000 investigators? Woah..."

Sakura begins to think Why the ICPO disclose this information? Are they trying to get their team killed?

"The ICPO sure is stupid." Light says agreeing with his sisters inner thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I mean, there's no point in making this announcement. If they're gonna send all these people here to investigate shouldn't they keep it a secret? Even the FBI agents who were secretly investigating were killed by Kira. Why would this be any different? If you ask me this is nothing more than a desperate attempt to shock Kira in the hopes he'd revel himself somehow. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Kira sees right through this."

"I was thinking the same thing, but maybe they're just saying it to keep the general public at ease." Light nods at her words.

"Yeah, you could be right—"

•••

"Thanks for dinner, mom!" Light lets out as he walks over to the snack cupboard.

"Huh? You're eating a bag of chips? You just had dinner, you're good looks are gonna go down the drain if you keep that up." Sakura stands up from the table and helps clear the table.

"It's a late night snack for studying."

"Pig—" She continues to pester him hiding her insult behind a cough with a smile on my face as he wanders off upstairs not saying a word back to his older sister.

He would usually come back with some lame response to her like 'it's not like you haven't done it before.' or just a simple 'shut your face, Sakura.' but this time nothing.

Sakura and her mom continue clearing the table in near silence.

"Does Light seem off to you?" She raises a question with her in the kitchen.

"Uhm— No. Why honey?"

"I don't know? Just seems a little distant is all." She remarks.

"He's been like this for a while, even before you came back. I think it may be the stress of all the exams on his back, you know." She nod as a response.

"Yeah, maybe? thanks mom." She confesses as she walks over to the snack cupboard and grab a bag of chips like her brother did earlier, Sayu gasps.

"See! You're not much better yourself!" Sayu exclaims as she scurry's off upstairs.

"Food for thought," Sakura says back to her and makes a pig noise as she walk into her old bedroom.

She begins to snoop though her old desk draws looking for a notepad of some sort to compose her thoughts in. After a while of searching she finally finds a bright blue sparkly one.

"wow, delightful."