Ch. 1: Three Mistakes

Start from the beginning

   A few hours later, Blue awoke suddenly. He wasn't on his cot, which confused him. He wasn't even anywhere near his cot. He stumbled up onto his knees, his head pounding and froze. Long, deep grooves ran all the way up the otherwise smooth metal wall. Claw marks. It was absolutely torn to shreds.
   "Hey, is everyone awake?" Said a voice, probably Green.
   "Yep!"
   "Sure."
   "I guess."
   "Yeah!"
   Called out a few muffled voices.
   "Uh huh!" Blue shakily called out, pulling on his dark blue suit. He flipped down the visor and quickly slipped out the door and closed it before anyone could see the wall.
   Green and Orange were already in the lobby with Yellow who was hopping around and muttering to herself, jumping at every noise. Red and Lime came out of their rooms at the same time, with Purple stumbling out a few seconds later, still pulling on Xeir purple suit.
   "Where's Pink and White?" Asked Lime.
   "And Black?" Chimes in Orange.
   "I'm here."
   "GAH- Geez, don't DO that!" Shouts Orange, flinching away from Black who seemed to have just appeared there.
   Black just chuckles and picks up her pet robot who was startled by Orange's outburst.
   Three and a half hours until they reach The Skeild

   "Alright everyone, let's make sure we are all here, safe and sound," Green announced "line up according to color."
   Everyone scrambled into a line and Green called names from his place in line.
   "Red?"
   "Right here." Red called from the front of the line.
   "Orange?"
   "Who's that?"
   "Orange, please be serious."
   "Sorry."
   "Yellow?"
   "Y-yeah, I'm here-"
   "Wonderful. Lime?"
   "Obviously. You would notice if I was gone." Sassily remarks Lime.
   Red rolls his eyes and huffs, startling Yellow.
   "...great. And I'm here,-"
   "So am I!" Squeaks his kid.
   "That's wonderful, kiddo," continues Green "Blue?"
   "Right here."
   "Purple?"
   "Yep, and so is Banjo." Purple says, proudly holding up Xeir little blue doggo.
   "Pink?"
   "Here." Pink adjusts the fake flower attached to his helmet.
   "Black?"
   "Mhh." Black says while leaning down to clean a bit of rust off her robot.
   "Black."
   "Um, yeah I'm here."
   "White?"
  "Present!"
  "Great! Now, we still have a few hours until we reach our destination,  so keep yourselves entertained." Green says.
   "You're acting like I'm a fucking child!" Red shouts, seeming more irritable than usual.
   "NOT IN FRONT OF THE BABIES!" Green hissed, pulling White and his mini crewmate towards him.
   "Woah, woah, woah, aggressive much?" Says Lime.
   "Green's the one who yelled at me!"
   "Both of you, chill, geez."
   "Oh, shut your shi-"
   "Hey! What did I just say, Red?" Green warned.
   "Not in front of the children." Green's mini crewmate and White just stood there uneffected.
   White wasn't really very young, and despite being a couple years younger than green, was actually slightly taller than him, but that didn't change Green's parental instinct for what he perceived as his kid.

  Lime continued to egg Red and Green on, and Red looked like he was about to punch someone, probably Lime.

   Blue just rolled his eyes and paid no mind to Red's especially excessive irritability and went to sit down in a corner as everyone else bickered. He needed some time to think.

   "Maybe I got infected while on Polus? I love playing in the snow. It's cold, and fluffy, and so much fun to make snow crewmates out of. Polus is Gold's favorite planet... No, getting off track. Parasitic alien, the imposter could be alien or human- why not both? Maybe- maybe the imposter is inside of me.

   "Took ya long enough"

   He had to tell someone, so they could help him. Blue stumbled up and ran to the closest crewmate, Lime. That was his second mistake.

   "You'll be killed to protect the rest of the crew."

   He stopped. That voice. That wasn't the voice his thoughts had, no, this was something else. It wasn't wrong, though. He didn't want to die, he was going to have a life, he was going to propose to his boyfriend, Gold, he was going to celebrate his younger sister's eighth birthday, he was scared, but he wanted to protect everyone else. He didn't know much about them, but Green had a child! Black was training to be a ship designer! Pink has a promising future in the film industry!

   "What." Asked Lime, turning to Blue.
   "Umm, uh, I- I uh-" stuttered Blue, suddenly unable to form proper words, as if his tongue had stopped doing what he commanded.

Lime took a sassy stance and Blue knew
   "Awww, of course you'd be tongue-tied talking to me~ do me a favor and keep your useless little mouth shut."
   Lime turns on her heel and saunters away.
   Blue just stood there mouth agape. Maybe he shouldn't have gone to the second rudest member of the crew for help while she was in a bad mood. That was his only chance. He refused to say anything else. He was scared and didn't want to die.

   "Ugh, what a bitch."
   Blue turns to see Red, the first-place winner of rudest crewmate award standing next to him, fists clenched.
   "Not in front of the babies." Blue gloomily mumbled.
   Surprisingly, Red actually laughed instead of getting angry.
   "Ha! You're funny. He's funny!" Red shouted to the rest of the crew. "We're friends now." and walked away.

   "Uh... great?" Blue half-asked nervously. "I'm going to go make sure everything is all packed up." Blue headed back to his room.

   Once Blue got to his room, he cleaned up the black goo, placed a sheet over the decimated wall and grabbed the hunting knife, but didn't pay attention to where he put it. That was his third mistake.