Episode 10

Royals Chat Room (Seraphina, Pinky, Asslo, Pen Fanatic, God, Kid Goku)

Remi: Hey any news of John yet

Isen: nah

Blyke: not yet

Remi : I've been getting really worried about Seraphina. I've never seen her look so down :( Letz cheer her up :)

Arlo: What is :( and :) ?

Isen: PFFT-

Remi: Of course Asslo wouldn't know. He only speaks w/ punctuation and grammar when texting. Tbh I'd love to see a text message from him with no formalities :)

Isen: OMG THAT'S TOO CURSED REMI

Blyke: there's no way. he's too uptight for that

Arlo: You guys are dead to me.

Arlo: .....

Arlo: >:(

Isen: WHAT THE FU-

Remi: AAAAAAA THE MADMAN DID IT!! FOLKS HE DID IT!!

Blyke: I don't know if I should be scared or what

Arlo: Fuck you guys.

Remi's POV

I burst out laughing. That Arlo. 

I put my phone down and looked at the wall of my dorm room. 

I sighed. 

I hope you're doing well, Seraphina.

Seraphina's POV

At Woaba Boba...

After running in the morning, I felt thirsty and headed on over to Woaba Boba for a drink. Usually, John and I have a little chat before ordering our drinks, but he was in the hospital and there was nothing I could do. 

I stopped drinking my taro milk tea and frowned. I sighed.

Geez, Seraphina. I thought you've gone over this already. If John does die, then you give him your blessings with no regrets. No questions asked. I set my boba on the table.

It seemed I still felt strongly about John's death. Of course I did. He's my world. Without him, was there any reason to live? Before meeting him, I was just a puppet who was being played by my mother for so many years. The only other person who I really admired was Leilah.

I sighed once more as I finished my drink. There's no use dwelling on the past. What's done has been done. There's no going back now.

Should I go check at the Wellston hospital again? I've been going there for a while now since I wanted to make sure that I was the first to know if he'd wake up. I've seen him plenty of times now. If I hear that monitor beep and then go silent, it'll be the last time. 

I decided. 

I'm going.

I stood up and took out money from my wallet. I placed the dollars onto the table before leaving the store.

At Wellston Hospital...

I opened the door to the hospital and came up to the front of the counter. There was the usual lady there to make sure visitors checked out their name in the paper on the clipboard.

"Ah, Seraphina! Checking on your friend, John again, I presume?" she asked.

"Yes." I replied while writing down my name with a pen.

"Well, you know the drill. Room 224." she pointed towards the end of the hall.

"Thank you." I bowed as a sign of respect and started walking towards the room.

I breathed. Then I opened the door to see John's body on the hospital bed. I turned to the heart monitor. Still hearing steady heartbeats. 

Good. I moved a chair over from a desk in the corner of the room and sat on it.

Looking like this, he really looks defenseless. Before I got to really know John and his past, I only heard bad things from the other Royals. How monstrous, terrifying, and absolutely mad he was. That's all he was to them. Never a victim and the cause of everything terrible in Wellston.

I sighed, then turned to the heart monitor.

What am I doing here? This is ridiculous. He isn't waking up. It's only a matter of time until that thing fully goes horizontal. I should just leave now. 

I stroked John's cheek with my hand.

"John...I love you." I whispered. "I always have. I'm just so sorry I haven't been able to stand for you in the past. I'm sorry about what the authorities and Ember have done to you. And...I'm sorry for everything you had to go through in these two years."

I paused. "Just know that I love you."

I gently smiled before getting from the stool and turned towards the door. This is for the best.

"it..."

Huh?

I turned around and saw John's arms wrap around my waist.

What?

"Wait...please..."

He was talking.

He was actually talking.

"Sera, please don't leave..." John's voice softly said. "Stay."

NOTE: Remember to vote/comment when you're finished reading!!