Episode 3

Seraphina's POV

"What!?" Isen yelled. "You're kidding, right?!"

I sighed. "I'm afraid not. John has been captured by Ember."

I'm so tired. I could barely fall asleep last night. Every part of my mind was worrying about John. What do Ember do to him? Is he okay? Please tell me they didn't kill him.

Isen put his hands to his head. 

"Ah, shit!! What the absolute fuck! This is John we're talking about! Not Arlo or you, Seraphina! You know, like the previous Joker of Wellston! A guy with an ability level of 8.6! Shit shit shit! This is so messed up!"

Remi clenched her fist. "Ember. So they've gone after him too? How despicable. They'll pay."

"But there's nothing we can do." Blyke pointed out. "You guys don't know his location, right? Until now, we need to depend on Headmaster Vaguhn and the authorities-

"No!" Remi slammed her hand on the table. "I don't care if they're high ranking officials! Those people are nothing but a bunch of disappointments! I've been saying this over and over, Blyke. But you just won't listen. Ember is involved in the authorities! If anything, they'd use him!"

Silence filled the room.

Arlo sighed in frustration. "We get it, Pinky. No authorities. Geez."

He looked thoughtful for a bit. 

"We need to search on the online map of Wellston's area. John lives near our old school right? He was also captured there, too. Isen, use your Hunter ability to walk around the area and call me if you see anything suspicious. Blyke, you too. I can't trust that he might get into some accident when he's alone. Seraphina, Remi, and I will report to the headmaster as quickly as we can if we do get to the location to where they're holding John."

"Yessir!" Isen gave a thumbs up.

"Dude, he just called you unreliable." Blyke looked at Isen with suspicious eyes.

"Remi and I got it!" I stated while Remi nodded.

Arlo breathed. "Okay, let's do this."

"Anything yet?" Arlo asked.

"Geez, Arlo! You're making me nervous! You've been asking me this question nonstop!" Isen shook in fear with Blyke behind him for support.

"It's because I'm afraid you'll go out."

"Man, you really don't trust me at all. Out like a light bulb, huh?" Isen replied.

"Dude! Keep your eyes front! You don't know what kind of horrors could come! This group took that monster out with just a syringe!" Blyke poked Isen's head.

"Don't call John a monster, Blyke. That's his trigger word." Arlo lectured.

"Ah! I think we found something!"

"What is it?" Arlo jumped up from the table. 

Remi and I turned to him.

"A really huge building. Like the biggest I've ever seen. It's so weird. It's all white and the shutters are all down." Isen explained. "Wtf. Is that a dead rat by the steps?"

"We're coming over! Don't move yet!" Arlo yelled. 

He turned to me and Remi. "It's time to go!"

"Right!" Remi put her phone in her pocket and stood up.  

John...please be there...