Chapter 61: Baby?

Start from the beginning

"She needs a diaper." She whispers, as she looks at the naked baby (besides her diaper).

She grabs a diaper and wipes from the diaper bag next to the bed, and changes her diaper.

If it were me trying to do this, I would've woken her up once I touched her. Emily has steady, angel hands.

"This is the tricky part." She says, as she grabs the pajamas.

She carefully lifts up Brighton, and lays the pajamas down underneath her.

As she's laying her down, she wakes up and starts crying.

"See? What'd I tell you?" She says, and sighs.

She quickly puts the pajamas on her, and picks her up in her arms.

"You want mama?" She says quietly to the baby, but she just keeps crying.

She hands Brighton over to me, and I sigh.

"Sorry..." She whispers.

"It's fine." I whisper back.

[...]
Emily POV:
I wake up in my bed, and surprisingly, Brighton and Alison are both still asleep.

I go downstairs to make breakfast, expecting Hanna to also be there, but she's not.

"Hmm...No one to help with breakfast..." I say out loud.

I look around, and just decide to call the Hastings' personal chef.

It's only 7 AM. I have a little bit of time.

1 hour later

Everything is cooked, and ready to go.

We have hash-browns, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, pancakes, waffles, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, milk, cereal, fruit, yogurt, breakfast tacos, French toast, cinnamon toast, donuts, tarts, croissants, biscuits, granola, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, donut holes, and multi-grain bars.

I set everything up on the counter, and on the island, and put glasses out for each adult, and sippi cups on each high chair tray. The kids have their own table, and the adults have a table.

After I have everything set up, I hear the familiar footsteps of Brighton.

"Mum!" She exclaims, dragging a fluffy pink blanket behind her.

"Brighton!" I shout, and pick her up.

The chef is gone at this point. Just in time, because when I go into the front room of the house, all of the kids are coming downstairs.

"Kennedy!"

"Charlotte!"

"Chandler!"

"Ashton!"

"Carter!"

"Lennox!"

"Keira!"

I shout, giving each if them a high five as they pass by me.

"Mum!" Levi shrieks.

"Hey, baby." I say, and pick him up in my other arm.

"Juice!" Emerson yells, running past me.

"Hello!" Anderson says excitedly.

"Hi! Good morning!" I say, laughing.

I get each of the kids in their high chair, and serve them a plate of food.

By the time all eleven of them have started eating, Hanna is downstairs and serving herself.

"Ooh! I'm in food heaven!" She says slowly.