Chapter 126 [A Sudden Accident]

Start from the beginning

Could King Ming have discovered that he was one who sent men to murder Hu Lunan?

As his eyes searched King Ming and Hu Tianbei suspiciously, it did not seem like it!

"Princess Yu has arrived..."

The two parties in a standoff turned their gaze simultaneously to the arriving guest.

Lin Mengya was not adorned in a court dress today, rather, she was wearing tight-fitting blue hunting overall.

Her hair was coiled into a simple bun and her face was free of makeup. However, her fresh look gave the impression that she was going for an outing in the woods.

"Greetings to the Crown Prince and King Ming."

Lin Mengya greeted them with poise and elegance. Keeping a straight face, she tried to look as if she was clueless about what was happening.

"Are you going out to have fun, seeing that you're dressed in this manner, Princess Yu?"

Princess Ming Yue enquired. All the ladies in the tent were dressed in formal court dresses, while Lin Mengya was the only one who was dressed down. For this reason, all the men's attention was drawn to her.

Who would dare to belittle this scheming beautiful lady?

"That's right. Prince Yu told me that the culprits who murdered the Second Prince had been found, so he was going to bring me out for some relaxation and fun."

Then she walked towards Long Tianhao and sat down beside him.

This beautiful couple seemed so concordant.

"It looks like we have to postpone our trip, Prince Yu?"

Lin Mengya cocked her head and asked with a coquettish voice. She winked cheekily at Long Tianhao, indicating that he should play along with her.

Although the two had been together for quite some time now, Long Tianhao was struggling to get used to her abrupt performance of antics.

Nevertheless, he still nodded and reached out to hold on to her delicate hands. This gesture immediately evoked a look of jealousy from Princess Ming Yue in her eyes, which were burning with fury.

Just a moment ago, she was repeatedly ignored by Long Tianhao when she took the initiative to get close to him.

She was puzzled as to how this woman's pretentious manner had motivated Long Tianhao's active response.

Even she, as an outsider, was able to see through Lin Mengya's pretense! Why would Long Tianhao play along with her?

"Since all the parties concerned are now present, shall we start the confrontation?"

King Ming turned a blind eye on Long Tianhao, who was displaying his tenderness towards Lin Mengya, and he opened his mouth to speak with a severe voice.

The Crown Prince had no choice but to look away reluctantly. At this juncture, the most important thing was to think of a solution to tide over this crisis.

"Does Princess Yu have something to say regarding what happened that night?"

The first thing the Crown Prince did was to direct all the attention onto Lin Mengya.

Lin Mengya had expected this to happen anyways. She stood up and let out a sigh, lowering her eyes, she slowly said, "Actually, I indeed went to look for the Second Prince over the matter concerning Elder Sister Yueting that day. I had an argument with him but didn't injure him, except to give him a slap on his face. I don't suppose a slap on his face would land him in such a state?"