Chapter 3

RESEARCH METHODOLOGY

The first phase of this research was online research to complete the Review of Related Literature and an annotation of 4 relevant articles. The articles are related to library, traditional library turns into modern library.

The second phase includes a contextual survey to (the grade of your respondents e.g. grade12) students. The students’ population consists of Grade 12 Senior High students enrolled in (name of the school of your respondents) S.Y. 20xx-20xx.

Population of the Study
The focus of this research were on Grade 12 General Academic Strand(GAS), Grade 12 Food Processing(FP) and Grade 12 Electrical Installation and Maintenance(EIM) consists of 19 students in GAS, 14 students in FP and 40 students of EIM, for a total of 73 students.

Sample Size
Systematic and availability sampling was used in this study since it will work effectively and will give us unbiased responses. The researcher used three strand in Irawan high school: GAS, FP and EIM and selected 10 available students per strand.

Instruments
The focus of this research included:
(1) Consent Forms (Appendix A) to:
-students
(2) Questionnaire (Appendix B) for students to determine the most preferable library.
(3) Interview Method (Appendix C) for students to get ideas about the two library.
(4) Likert Scale Method (Appendix D) for students to determine the highest rating of their preferences about library.

Procedure
Survey (contextual study), the researchers collected data to from 10 respondents per strand about traditional and modern library and used this data to describe what their most preferable library is.

DATA ANALYSIS
    The data analysis will be presented in descriptive method and uses tables, and percentages for better understanding.

A. Questionnaire
Table 1.1
The table below is the analyzation of the tallied answer from 10 students of grade 12- Gas. (Questionnaire can be seen in Appendix B)

Questions:
Results:

Questions:
Results:

Traditional Library
Modern Library
Total

Traditional Library
Modern Library
Total

Traditional LibraryModern LibraryTotal