Chapter 122 [The Great Search at the Campground]

Start from the beginning

What if King Ming became fickle and began asking for a high price in exchange, this transaction might still fail.

"I suppose the Crown Prince wouldn't be able to offer something extremely precious."

Long Tianhao said quietly after pondering for a while.

The Crown Prince was definitely not a generous person, so what he was offering King Ming should be limited.

"No matter what his terms are, we have to find them out. Do you have any idea how we can go about doing it?"

Seeing Lin Mengya's expectant eyes looking at himself, Long Tianhao instinctively nodded with certainty.

"Alright, I'll try my best to find out for you."

The moment they entered the campground, they realized that the campground which was pitch dark was now brightly lit with torches.

Countless imperial guards in small groups were shuttling back and forth in the campground.

From what they heard, the guards seemed to be trying to capture someone.

In the midst of the chaos, Long Tianhao and Lin Mengya secretly approached their tent.

"Try not to come out of the tent once you enter."

Long Tianhao instructed Lin Mengya quietly and Lin Mengya responded by nodding. Then Long Tianhao pushed her into the tent, turned and disappeared into the crowd of imperial guards.

What exactly happened during this period of time when they went out?

All the people in the tent had not gone to sleep.

When Lin Mengya, who was clad in a black cape returned, Baiji came to her to help her undress.

Although it was chaotic outside the tent, there was peace within it.

Elder Sister Yue Ting, who was on the bed had woken up, but she was still looking very pale.

"You're awake, Elder Sister Yue Ting!"

Lin Mengya, pleasantly surprised, walked up to her. However, Yue Ting's face was drained of its colors and her eyes were lifeless.

Nevertheless, she still forced a smile when she saw Lin Mengya.

"Ya'er, you saved my life yet again."

Some words did not need to be spoken aloud. Suddenly, tears started welling at the corners of Yue Ting's eyes.

Her small white hands were holding tightly to the crumpled blanket as she sobbed.

"Look at the state I'm in now, it's better for me to die than to live!"

While she could bear the physical pain, she was unable to erase the shame that had been engraved in her heart.

When she woke up a while ago, Yue Qi had told her that Hu Lunan, the man who violated her, had been murdered.

But so what? How could she possibly pretend that all that happened did not happen?

"Please don't say that, Elder Sister Yue Ting. There is hope as long as you continue to live on. Let whatever happened be a nightmare, please? Now you've awakened from the nightmare. No one will bring harm upon you ever again."

Lin Mengya coaxed as she held on tightly to Yue Ting's slender and weakened body. Hu Lunan was truly deserving of death.

However, Elder Sister Yue Ting had been completely ruined. She was no longer that beautiful and kind young lady.