Chapter 121 [The So-called Kinship]

Start from the beginning

"Don't be surprised, King Ming. As true as the saying goes that a dragon will give birth to a dragon, and phoenix, a phoenix. How could your son be such a be a shameless person?"

Looking from the angle of the study of genetics, Lin Mengya could see that Hu Lunan was far from being the son of King Ming.

Moreover, both King Ming and Hu Tianbei seemed to connive at Hu Lunan's behavior.

What kind of a father would do that?

Moreover, Lin Mengya also realized that from the onset of this entire incident, be it King Ming or Hu Tianbei, neither of them were truly grievous over what happened.

"Haha, what a glib tongue you have. You're right, Lunan is not my son. More accurately, he was my brother's son who was still in his mother's womb when his father died."

All the adult sons of King Ming's brother had been secretly murdered by him.

This son alone was spared because at that time, he was still in his mother's womb.

Nevertheless, he was now a cold, lifeless body. The irony was that Hu Lunan still believed that he was going to take over the western vassal state at the point of this death.

"In reality, King Ming, you may have guessed this even if I don't say it. The Crown Prince was not the right partner to collaborate with. He is an inconsistent vile character, who does not honor his words."

The Crown Prince did not have a good reputation and King Ming was very sharp with his judgment. He would certainly know that the Crown Prince was not the best option for a partner.

"You're indeed very smart, little lass from the Lin Family."

A smile appeared on King Ming's face once again, as he cast a look of approval on Lin Mengya.

Compared to the muddleheaded and deluded Crown Prince, this woman before his eyes was definitely a better choice for a partner.

However, this would also depend on whether she was able to offer even better and more beneficial conditions in their negotiation.

"I'm flattered, Your Highness. I have merely been sent by my Lord, Prince Yu. No matter how attractive the promises the Crown Prince offered you, he would not promise you the country. Therefore if you want to negotiate terms with Dajin per se, we would be your best choice."

Lin Mengya's words evoked waves of thoughts in King Ming.

It was not a big deal to move to another partnership. It was not wrong to move on to whichever partner who could offer a greater benefit.

"What you said is absolutely right. However, I need time to consider your offer."

Things turned out to be as Lin Mengya expected. She merely smiled but did not push him further to make a decision there and then.

"I think that's it for now on this matter, but I've another thing which I'd like to ask you for your advice, Your Highness."

Lin Mengya began putting on the black cape and was about to turn to leave.

"With regards to Lunan, if you could provide me with a reasonable account of what happened, I promise to let the matter rest."

In reality, it was the Crown Prince who had been pushing for punishment, so he could be accountable to King Ming so to speak.

"Alright, I understand."

Clearly, Hu Lunan was just part of the terms of negotiation. King Ming was not going to give up the benefits he had harvested just because he died.