Fate's Betrayal

It's the next day already, and Sophia is wide awake. She looks around for Jeff but doesn't find him. Instead she finds Greg and James outside. She asks them where Jeff is, and is told that he's gone out for work.

Ah, great. Now she knew the guards would be coming soon, and now she couldn't even see Jeff once again. Maybe she'll sneak out later and talk to him. For now, she sat around the flowers and picked them to pass her time.

The guards soon came and she had to go. She wanted to keep something of Jeff's for his memory and in hurry takes a boot of his. She apologizes him mentally and goes along with the guards.

Soon she's back in the castle and called to her fathers room. Yup, she's going to be told that she shouldn't sneak away yada, yada, as if she cares. Once Lucifer is done telling her all this shit, she finally tells what happened in the forest, something she usually doesn't tell. 

She tell him about how she found Jeff, went to the party with him, and might or might not have caught feelings for him. Little did she know, Thomas is outside the door waiting for his turn to talk with the king. Unfortunately for her, Thomas overhears the conversation and is outraged to know that some forest guy could take his place a the future king.

Now that Thomas knows that this Jeff guy is distracting the princess, he goes along with some of his guards into the forest, determined to have Jeff dead. There he meets Greg and James, who happen to be that guy's step-brother. Fortunately for him, they are not very fond of Jeff and are money thirsty too. So he makes a deal with them to have Jeff killed in exchange for wealth.

But when has Thomas ever played fair? As soon as Jeff is out of the way, Thomas gets Greg and James killed too.