Chapter 13 - Blood Lust and Betrayal

Start from the beginning

"Why are you apologizing? It's normal to cry out in pain.." After a pause the man continued asking the next question carefully "Where you.. Were you taught otherwise?"

When the man got no reply he dropped the topic.

"Where are you Steve..?" Hunter asked in between a gasp.

"Outside your gate" came the reply.

"Okay.."

...

Hunter lay there with his hand pressed on his wound. He could feel the blood flow beginning to slow down.

A few minutes later he focused onto the sound of Steve's footsteps..

Why are there two pairs? Who.. Steve and who.. Oh. No no.. Not her! please don't let it be her!

"Steve..?" he called into the phone.

"I'm here" The man sounded worried for a second.

"Who's with you?" Hunter asked. Forgetting that it wasn't actually possible that he would know whether or not there's more than one person.

"Excuse me?"

"L..let me rephrase.. Is there anyone with you?" he said slowly making it sound like a question rather than an accusation.

"Ah, yes I have Lykke with me.. And she's been crying rivers of tears this entire time--" Steve was suddenly cut off by Hunter's sob of anger.

"Is there a.. A problem..?"

"Leave. I can deal with this myself. I don't fucking need you guys. So. Fuck Off..!" Hunter growled into the phone.

"What are you saying!? You sound like you've lost a lot of blood, you are obviously dizzy, you're losing your state of mind, AND may I add, I am a doctor!" Steve growled back.

"I DON'T CARE! FUCK OFF!" Hunter shouted in reply.

"Okay, okay calm down, I've stopped walking, now why do you want me gone so bad? No wait.." The man paused apparently deep in thought.

"You only wanted me gone after I told you that Lykke was with me.." The man mused.

Then with a surprised tone he asked, "Are you embarrassed!? Is the Big Bad Wolf scared of the little red riding hood?"

"Fuck off I'm not embarrassed. She just doesn't need to see this! I'm a fucking mess!" Hunter retaliated hotly.

Then he sighed.

"She.. I don't want to f-fucking ruin her too.. I don't want to fucking b-break her as well..! I just don't want kitty to end up l-like her.." Hunter's voice began to falter.