Chapter 13 - Blood Lust and Betrayal

As soon as Hunter had replied, he felt overcome with a sense of dizziness. He began slumping forward, but managed to catch himself just in time.

W..why..? How am I losing s..so much blood from such a little cut?

It went way too deep.. I know, b..but how is it so m..much..?

...

Hunter looked at the wound again-- ignoring the clench in his stomach-- and groggily tried to figure out what was causing the blood to flow so heavily.

But after a few moments, the pang in his stomach forced him to look away. 

And plus, he wasn't a doctor so he didn't see anything different about the cut. It looked just like any other cut, but the only thing was that it bled like a stab wound.

...

"Wow.. It's still dripping..? There's so much blood.." Hunter murmured wetly as he let slowly himself sink onto the floor.

There's so much of it! And it even smells so good--

He lay on his side making sure that his bleeding arm wasn't underneath him and his face was turned away from its enticing scent.

It was then that his head sort of cleared for a moment and he refocused on Steve's voice. That was still spilling out of the phone lying next to his head.

"HUNTER HUNTER HUNTER!!! HUNTER WAKE UP HELLO!? HELLOO!?? HUNTER! WAKE UP HUNTER!!" The cries were consistent.

It was only then that they reached Hunter's ears.

"Hi Steve.. Can I call you Steve? Why does it hurt so much Steve.. What should I do?" Hunter was blabbering and occasionally a giggle would escape his mouth.

"OH THANK THE LORD AND ALL THINGS HOLY... Okay can you hear me if I don't scream? Hunter can you hear me?" the man asked through the phone.

Suddenly Hunter was himself again.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah.. I can hear you Steve" the sudden clarity in his mind passed as fast as it came. And then he was dizzy again.

"Okay, Hunter, can you press the wound? Try to stop the bleeding.. And bud can you tell me where it is?" Steve was giving orders as calmly as he could.

"Hm Hm.. This pain is gonna feel--" Hunter began but after applying the pressure his words were replaced with a howl of agony. But he quickly bit his tongue. And pressed harder.

"S..S..so..so..sorry for y..ye..yelling.." He ground out through the savage pain.