quinze; the big announcement

Start from the beginning

#1 fuckboy is typing...

I wait for his response as Ms. Simmons starts getting ready for her talk on the stage.

#1 fuckboy: oh I see you!

me: you do? where r u????

#1 fuckboy: I'm all the way in the back top row, I can see u tho. well the back of ur head

I twist around and scan the crowd to look for him. He said he's at the top row in the back.

There were a group of Asian boys but obviously they weren't Calum.

When is he going to admit he's not Asian? We all know he isn't.

Before I even try to look all the way back, the mic gets turned on, making a deafening squeaking noise.

All of us cover our ears and look up ahead.

"Please turn off all your phones before we start this assembly." She clears her throat, looking at the crowd from left to right.

I quickly turn off my phone without hesitation.

"Aye, who were you texting?" Ally wiggles her eyebrows at me.

I don't wanna tell them that I've been talking to an Asian fuckboy that they know nothing of.

"My mom." I lie through my teeth.

"Pssh. Yeah right." She scoffs and turns her attention back to Ms. Simmons.

"Now everyone, settle down. Settle down. Shh." She quietens the whole auditorium after a moment.
.
.

"I like big butts and I can not lie!" Someone's ringtone blares off in the middle of the silence.

.
.

Everyone starts bursting into laughter as Michael Clifford had his phone out and his mom called him.

His cheeks drained all color on his face and he fumbles through his pocket to turn it off.

"Turn. It. Off." Ms. Simmons glared directly at him.

"I mean, her butt, is just so big. I can't believe it's just so round, it's like, out there, she gotta healthy butt."

The ringtone stops as soon as Michael turned it off and was looking at her in embarrassment.

"Detention." Mr. Jacobs gives him a slip as he walks by and stuck out his palm for the phone.

Oh.my.god. I finally stop laughing. Now that was pretty embarrassing for the lad, but he deserves it in my opinion, for what he did to me last month.

"Now as I was saying, before I got rudely interrupted," she looks right at Michael, who was slouching back in his seat with his hand in his red hair.

"This assembly is to announce that students in this grade will be heading on a tour trip to a foreign country for two weeks in May," she starts off. "Barcelona, Spain. To be specific."

My eyes lit up at the mention of a trip to a different country.

There were already gasps and buzzing spreading around the huge room.

"OH EM GEE." Lexi breaths out, holding onto my hand. I bet she wanted to squeal and jump around like the fangirl she is.

"But before you all get excited, it is under one big condition. As you can tell, there's so many students in this upperclassmen that we have to put you into sections. It'll be picked and chosen by the faculty of this school at 52 out of the 268 students in this grade." Simmons continues on.

Everyone shuts up and listens carefully.

"To be one of the fifty-two students, you must have good test scores on all of your subjects. Must be higher than a C- and you have to atleast take an extracurricular activity afterschool for three times a week." She informs us and we take it all in.

My smile drops at the mention of the number and subjects. Judging from my luck, I won't be one of those 52 students.

"Now there'll be sign up sheets, club forms and brochures for this free trip by the door. If you are one of the chosen, the trip will be additionally added to your college fillouts, which is in two years for all of you. And I hope all of you get into the universities that you wish to be in." With that she finally ends the assembly, dismissing us.

As we all just sit back, still strucked by all this information.

Most of the people were already getting out of their seats to get the trip pamphlet.

The three of us also get up.

"Adalia, are you gonna sign up for this trip?" Lexi asks, looking at me through her black framed glasses.

"I don't know.." I confess.

"I think you should. You're better at most of the subjects that I take." Ally chuckles.

I just shrug.

"Well I know I am." Lexi grabs one of papers as a couple of others were also behind her to get it.

I stay back, chewing on the inside of my cheek as I was deep in thought.

I want to ask Calum if he would do it, so I reach for my phone in my pocket...but only to find it wasn't there.

Shit. left it back in my seat.

"I'll catch up with you guys later. I left my phone at my seat." I tell them.

They both nod and head on out of the auditorium, leaving me and only a few other people behind.

I run back to the row I was sitting at to find my phone.

I found it, right at my spot and quickly grab it. I head on back, stuffing my phone in my pocket this time so I don't lose it.

Before I walk past the door, there it was; the sign up forms for the college trip. It was if it was taunting me to take one.

Finally, I let out a sigh as I grab one of the forms after hesitant. I fold it up and stuff it into my backpack.

Of course wouldn't get in. So why should I even try?

At the corner of my eye, I caught the glimpse of something else.

It was a notebook of some sort lying on the floor, under the table. Someone left it behind.

I look down at it for a moment before kneeling down and picking it up into my hands.

I carefully looked over it.

.
.

It was a songbook.

________________________________

so that's about it from mara today, double updates rule!!
i have school tomorrow so i'm not really sure i'll be able to update :-((

wow 6 chapters in a row of days ._. can i get a highfive or something for this lame ass loser over here or nahhhhh?

qotd: if you were to get the chance to travel to another country, what country would it be?

mines; would be either italy or sydney to meet the boys ....hah

- pimp daddy ash

PS. adalia is played by katie findlay...BC I LUV HER SO MUCH <344