Mistake No. 4: Shit Goes Down In The Cafeteria

Sorry for not updating for a LONG time, but I had writer's block and my exams are coming up in 2 days... Anyways, here's the next chapter!

Annabeth POV

In all the midst of forgiving everyone, I completely forgot that my old friends must have thought I believed the lies.

------------------------------Timeskip to lunch-----------------------

NO! NOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I WROTE THE ENTIRE DARNED CHAPTER BUT MY LIGHT WENT :( EVERYTHING GOT ERASED... WHYYYYYY?!?!?! NOW I HAVE TO WRITE THIS WHOLE THING AGAIN AND THE WHOLE THING IS GONNA BE SO LATE... :( I'M SORRY EVERYONE... CAN'T HELP TECHNICAL GLITCHES YOU KNOW...

I went and sat down next to Luke and his friends. We started chatting about the best type of phone there is. I went for Samsung, while Luke said iPhone is the best. I don't know. Alyssa had the iPhone, not me. Anyways, I was having so much fun with my new friends that I didn't notice the glares and scowls my childhood friends were sending me, including my sister. I barely noticed when Clarisse stood up and marched across the cafeteria, slamming her hands down on the table right next to me.

She shouted right into my ear. "Annabeth Chase, are you telling me that you believe that *she let out a slew of bad words* of a Luke all of a sudden over the friends you've had since you were 4?!?!"
I winced. "Clarisse, I can explain-"
"No! Don't try to feed me your lies! You listen to reason and leave them! What even made you change?!?!"
"I..."

I had no idea how to respond to her. Why had I changed? I thought it was normal for teenagers to undergo personality changes like these. But then I looked over at my old friends' table and saw them all together, a big family, and I felt a pang in my heart. I would have admitted I missed them, but my pride got in my way and I stood up.

"Well, I found myself better friends! It's not my fault you're weak and jealous jerks who can't accept my decisions! You never helped me out when I needed you, unlike my ACTUAL friends! I don't want to hang out with fags," at this I pointed scathingly towards Nico and Will " blacks," I pointed towards a crying Hazel, "and overall idiots!" I directed this towards Percy.

My instinct told me this was wrong, that I would regret it later, but I couldn't stop. My pride and pressure of Luke and Co. staring at me made me keep on insulting those who I used to call my family.

Percy marched up. "No, Annabeth," he whispered in my ear. "The Annabeth I know wouldn't be like this. Don't let them turn you."

Those words reminded me of something.

------------Flashback-------------
"Percy!" I yelled, running to him. He was standing with a few teenage boys. I was surprised, seeing as we were only 10, us small fry would get pushed away by the big kids.
He smiled. "Annabeth, look! This is Jeremy and Howard. They're my friends!"
I tried for a smile, but I was nervous. "H-hello."
The boys looked down at me with disdain.
"Well look who it is. Little Miss Shy. Come on Percy, don't waste your time on her when you can be cool like us!"
I blinked and looked at Percy. He looked bewildered, but then straightened up.
"I won't leave my friend. I won't let you turn me!"

----------End of Flashback--------

Percy had been on the verge of going with them, just as I was on the verge of going with Luke. I would have turned away from my new friends, if Lila hadn't spoken up.
"Well, she's turning the right way. We will treat her better than you ever could have, she'll be HAPPY with us! Annabeth, come with us. Look at them, they can't even promise they'll be your friends!"

I looked at my old friends. Clarisse, Hazel, Nico, Will, Piper, Jason, Alyssa, Percy, so many more...
Not one of them spoke up. They all looked patiently at me, waiting, trusting that I would make the right decision.
But...
Did they care?
Did they want me to go with them?
Weren't they all mad and upset because of me?
Their silence made my decision.

"You don't even care," I spat at them. "If you actually cared about me you would have said something. You're not my true friends!"
They all looked shocked, except for one. Alyssa. 
"Can't say I'm surprised. I know you well Annabeth, and if there's one thing that dampens your wisdom, it's your hubris. Your pride is deadly for not only you, but others. You can come back to us when you learn how to control it."

With that, she motioned towards the others to follow her and they all ran outside, some giving me dirty looks as they passed my table.

I slumped down into my seat. Had I made the right decision?

Percy POV

We went outside, all of us upset. How could Annabeth have made such a stupid decision? Deep down, I knew the answer. As Alyssa said, her pride got the better of her. However, her choice was heavily influenced by Luke and Co. I just hoped we would be able to get her to open her eyes soon enough...

Word Count: 789 words

Sorry this chapter was short, but exams are coming up and I'm updating waaaaaaaay earlier than I thought I would (even though I had originally planned to update ages ago but the whole chapter got erased) Writing this chapter was practically exam prep for me since it's almost English Composition.

Do you think Annabeth will swallow her pride and realize her decision was wrong? Comment your thoughts!

With that,

Cya pplzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AL OUT!!!