ZERO ━━━ killer queen.

ZERO
──────────────
KILLER QUEEN

ZERO ──────────────KILLER QUEEN

FRENCHIE INHALED DEEPLY. He knew he was just about to fuck everything up. But they were already fucked. There was nothing left to lose. It could be a bad idea; a terrible one, maybe. Getting the old team together could make a damage that not a soul alive would be able to contain.

"There's, hum, someone, actually.", his voice cracked for a moment and everyone in the room looked at him.

"Someone with an appetite for guns?", Billy Butcher smiled coldly. It was pretty obvious that he already knew what the french guy was about to say. However, he wanted to let him speak. He wanted to let him revive all the memories buried in his mind.

"Yes.", he answered very fast, "An old friend."

"An old friend who hates us, asshole.", Mother's Milk joined the conversation, "And we don't even know if she's alive."

"Oh, she's pretty much alive, mate.", said Billy, with a typical smirk on his tired face, "Saw her on Eden last week."

Frenchie lost his posture. He almost choked on his unsaid words. Thinking of her working on a place like Eden was a real life nightmare.

"Are you sure?", MM was almost as shocked as the frenchman. It was like they were talking about a ghost. A ghost from a very ancient past, "What is she doing in New York? I thought she hated this place. The fucking land of capitalism and shit."

"Oh, she does hate this city.", said Frenchie, now looking back at Billy, "This doesn't make any sense, asshole."

"Can you guys please tell me what the fuck you're talking about?", Hughie, the new guy, was completely lost in that conversation. He was starting to get pretty mad at the boys, actually.

"We're talking about our Killer Queen." Butcher smiled at the young man, his mind glowing with ideas, "Our inventor and mother of weapons. She's exactly who we need."

"Yeah, but she won't accept the offer.", Milk kept trying to put some sense in Billy's head, "She quit years ago, remember?"

"Well, you too, and now look where you fucking are, mate." Billy winked at the brown-haired guy, "Besides, she had always got a thing for our Fenchie here."

At that very moment, every single one of the team stared at chemist. Their eyes anxious for an answer.

"What? She never—" Frenchie's hands trembled a little, but he made sure that nobody could see it, "Don't be stupid, Billy. My dick is pretty big, but it ain't no magic stick to make her risk her life for us."

Billy gave a short, harsh laugh. He grabbed Frenchie by the shoulders and spit the acid truths in his ear.

"Don't you get it, little man? It was never about us. It had always been about what she wanted. And she wants to take down the supes as much as we do."

He took a step back and looked at Milk, waiting for some sort of reaction. A surly look on the tall man's face, who was still not convinced by Butcher's terrible speech.

"She won't do it.", he said quickly, like it was the only logical answer.

"Why don't we ask her in person?", Hughie tried to make peace between the group.

"She will shoot us right away, Billy.", Milk didn't give a fuck about Hughie's idea.

"She loves us.", Butcher smiled contemptuously, bluffing.

"You're a clown.", Frenchie said at their designated leader.

"Alright.", Billy raised his arms in a fake act of redemption, "I'm a clown and we're about to lose a huge opportunity to get an infiltrate on Vought. It seems fair."

The room went silent for a couple of minutes. It was an insane idea, of course, with some great chances of major failure and imminent death for all of them. But, on the other hand, they could have an active and almost trustable spy among the supes, who happened to be a motherfucking talented weapon maker and inventor. It was a chance of a lifetime.

"How come you always have the great ideas, fucker?", Milk hated so much to admit that a guy like Butcher was right.

"It was my idea, asshole.", Frenchie punched Milk's shoulder, annoyed.

"That's my favorite jacket, you bitch.", Milk punched him back; Hughie rolled his eyes.

"And that's why she hates you guys.", said the blue-eyed guy, faking smiling at Billy, "This will go out terribly."

Butcher's eyes were like little fires when he looked back at Hughie.

"It will be fucking spectacular, kid."