13. Phone Calls and Meetings

Start from the beginning

"Where?"

"There's a warehouse on the outskirts of D.C. Tech Warehouse is the name. Meet me there in two hours. Come alone. Unarmed."

"No, Spencer's coming with me. That's non-negotiable."

Your dad is silent for a moment. "Fine. See you soon, little dove."

"Wait." You place your palms flat on the table. "Let me hear him."

There's silence on the other end, and then you hear your son's voice. "Mama?"

"Hi, baby," you say, reaching over to grip Spencer's hand. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Grandpa is taking care of us."

"How's your sister, big man?" Spencer asks, his voice cracking.

"She's alright, daddy."

"Hang in there, buddy, we're gonna come get you, okay? I love you."

"I love you, mama. You too, daddy!"

Then the phone goes dead.

"Can we have a moment?" You ask quietly. Hotch nods, and the team files out, leaving you and Spencer alone.

Spencer pulls you to him, and you can't help it. You choke on a sob, burying your face in his chest. He sets his forehead in the crook of your neck, and you two stay like that for a moment, his hands running up and down your back slowly. He's crying—you can feel his body shaking slightly, and you reach up, gently moving your fingers through his hair. After a few minutes, you two pull away, Spencer's hands still on your back. You reach up, cupping his face and wiping his tears away.

"He has our kids," Spencer says, his voice breaking again.

"I know, baby. We'll get them back, okay? I promise. He's gonna fucking pay for this."

He rests his forehead on yours, sniffling. You close your eyes for a moment, finding comfort in his touch. You press your lips against his softly and he kisses you back. You pull away, looking into his eyes.

"Come on, sweetheart. We have to get ready to go get our kids back."

You two lace your fingers together, walking out of the roundtable room. The team turns toward you guys, concern in all of their faces.

"We're okay," you say softly, squeezing Spencer's hand. "Does Garcia have a location yet?"

Hotch nods. "She does. You and Spencer will drive separate, but we're coming, too. We'll be outside."

"We're getting our kids back first. Hotch, we're gonna need you to take them. Then I'll listen to whatever the fuck my father has to say."

Derek squeezes your shoulder. "We're behind you, kid. All the way."

"You know we'd do anything for you guys," Prentiss says, giving you a smile.

Spencer gives a soft smile to the team, the smile not quite reaching his red-rimmed eyes. "We love you guys. Thank you."

"We need to get going. Warehouses are about an hour away." Rossi looks between you and Hotch.

Your phone rings, and you hold your breath, exhaling slowly when you see the caller ID. "Jamie, are you and Kyle okay?"

"I'm so sorry, Y/n," Jamie says, a sob catching in her voice. "I-I don't know what happened. E-Everything went black and w-when Kyle and I woke up, they were gone."

"Hey, hey, calm down," you say, looking up at Spencer, his face worried. "We know where they are—it's my dad. He took them."

"Are they s-safe?" She asks, still trying to catch her breath.