CH 2: New Friend

Mew was not who he used to be... he had changed not much, but noticeably enough. 

Mew had changed gangs, not that he wanted to but he had to. He no more would be found  hanging out with the old friends of his. Not the gang consisting of Singto, Krist, Kao, Earth, Saint, and his wife. Now he was found roaming around with the person he should better keep distance.

Mew was curios of his wife's past self. He wanted to know what was Gulf like back in high school. He had now become friends with Ace, Gulf's ex-boyfriend. Ace happened to be in his faculty and this made it easier for him to approach this guy. Ace was not certain if to become friends with his past lover's husband, but he pretended not to know about their marriage. The two would be found together all the time, there were people who were suspicious of their relationship. 

It was like any other day of the past month. It had been two months to the incident, Mew had been keeping distance from everyone in the gang, even Singto. Mew was still living at Kao's, Kao never complained about his actions. Ace and Mew were sitting in the class, talking about something.

"But, I really want to know something..." Ace showed nervousness in his speech. "Ask it. I'll see if I can answer it."Mew was blank. "Why did you become friends with me? I think you know about my past with Gulf, you're his friend, won't it affect your relationship?" Ace could die if their relationship was ruined because of him. "It won't be affected" Mew sighed. "I don't think you're a bad person. Might have lost control at that time. I also wanted to ask you something, can I?" Mew replied with a weak smile. Ace allowed him. Mew asked about Gulf's high school self.

Ace said every word with a smile. They must have been close back then. Mew was now getting jealous of all the things Ace knew about Gulf but he didn't. Not that Mew can know those things from Gulf anymore. Gulf must be so angry at him right now for that night. Mew could not help think about that day, when he left Gulf. The day Baifern came to him cleared one thing to him, Gulf was hurt. Mew never wanted to hurt him, but he did. He felt like dying.

Kao was looking at him from some seats behind them. This stupid should go talk to Gulf instead, why is he talking to Ace? Kao questioned within himself. He just shrugged it off and left the class.

***UNI LIBRARY***

"I heard he's now friends with the other bastard" Krist asked in Gulf's absence. "Yep, he is" Kao confirmed. "Why don't you stop him? You're in the same faculty" Earth was annoyed. "He thinks it will be better to keep away. He doesn't really speak much to me nowadays." Kao tried to spare a fight within him and Earth. Earth was now even more pissed. "But won't it be better for him to make new friends, maybe that brings him back to senses in some time" Sinto was till defending Mew. "Anyone but that Ace" Krist was now fisting his palms.

***FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES***

Saint had been keeping Gulf company. He would take Gulf from Baifern when they reach Uni, return him safely after the day's classes. He could never leave Gulf alone, he'd even give him company to the washroom. Gulf had been like this for about two months now, he was always sad. What keeps this stupid so attached to his hurtful husband even after all these days? Saint would often have this question in his mind. 

Gulf was sitting beside him, sad. "Kana, can't you just let go of him?" Saint was worried for his friend. "No... I don't think so I can" Gulf sniffed. "You've been acting strange, anything bothering you?" Saint the suspicious was back. "Why do you think so, I don't think you're right" Gulf's eyes were wide. "Leave it, tell me when you feel like." Saint didn't want to pressure.

Saint was sure, Gulf had a secret. He didn't go ahead with the interrogation as he could see Gulf starting to feel uncomfortable. It took Gulf a long time to come back to acting normal, though he was still crying on the inside all the time, for sure. Now, Saint did not want him to go back to carrying his depressed look around. 

Everything was back to normal. There will be guys confessing to Gulf, he would reject them all. The Ice Prince was back. But Gulf's heart was not there, he was enjoying nothing. He had been merely surviving these past days. Saint was like his shield from most of the things in the Uni.

"Okay I'll tell you but promise me something" Gulf heavily sighed. "What is it", Now we're talking, Saint thought. "You can never tell this to anyone, not even P'Bai or Earth, until I let you." Gulf looked dead serious. Saint just nodded in agreement, he just wanted to know and he would do anything to know this secret. Gulf whispered something something in his ears and Saint suddenly lost his sanity. 

"HOW THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE BE SO CRUEL!" anger and nothing else in these words. "Keep your voice low" Gulf asked of him and Saint tried to control himself. Saint wanted to change the topic, he could not take what he had just heard. "He doesn't know. I found out about two weeks after it happened" Gulf knew Saint could kill Mew for this, but he couldn't let Mew die. 

"We'll meet others at the Uni library. Let's go" Saint directed, and they left. 

They were still on their way when Zee came running to them. Saint was shocked, a little happy too. It had been some time since they last met, Zee was so busy with hs academics. 

"Gulf what the hell has my stupid brother done to you" Zee was worried too. Saint was happy to know that Zee wasn't being partial towards his brother. Gulf was looking at him in a daze. "But how do you know anything about this?" Saint never told him anything. "Baifern went shouting at me for his mistake." Zee turned to Gulf once again, "I agreed to be her assurance and look after you on her behalf. Why didn't you come to me? I'll go look for that idiot now. Believe me he's dead if anything wrong happens to you" Zee patted Gulf's shoulder reassuringly and kissed Saint's cheeks before storming away.

***FACULTY OF ECONOMICS***

Zee was waiting for his brother to appear. "He will die if he has done anything unacceptable." Zee reminded himself. Baifern did not tell Zee all the details, he only knew that Mew left Gulf alone at their home for some reason and has not yet returned; and Gulf was depressed because of this action of his. Just then Mew came out of the building with Ace, Zee knew who Ace was. Baifern had told him about this boy way back.

"MEW SUPPASIT JONGCHEVEEVAT!" Zee was furious. Mew looked towards him and sent his friend away first. "P'Zee..." Mew came to his brother, he knew his brother was here to lecture him about that thing too. "Before you say anything, let me explain my cause please" Mew was sad and pleaded. Zee let him say. "I know I did wrong I shouldn't have done that to Gulf without his permission. I was too drunk that night and I accept my mistake" Mew confessed all he had to say. Zee's angry expression changed to a pitiful one. It was not what he thought of it, his brother knew his faults. But what did he mean by 'that night' and 'permission'. Mew's answer to this was just what he thought it would be. 

"I think you should be responsible for your doing. Gulf will understand." Zee knew that Gulf wasn't angry at Mew, but he was missing him. Mew looked at his elder brother and hugged him, crying.

"H-he won't accept me" Mew stated. "Of course he will. How can you say that?" Zee knew their hearts better than themselves. 

_______________________________________________________

How long are they going to be like this! It's killing me to keep them away!

Comment and Vote, if you please.

- Wan <3