Chapter 18

Raven's P.O.V.

I sat up, not caring about how the world was spinning.

"Alec, why are you covered in blood?!" I said again. He looked down at the floor, not meeting my gaze. "What happened?" I said. He huffed and walked into the bathroom. I swung my legs over and went to stand but the world was spinning at the speed of light and my eyes fluttered. The pressure in my head was too great to even think. I put my hand to my head and lied back.

Baby? I mindlinked Alec. There was no answer. I could hear the shower on in the bathroom.

Alec, I can't stand up and I don't have the energy or the strength to chase after you. I said. Nothing again. I closed my eyes and pushed myself up into a sitting position. Gripping the bed frame, I focused on trying to stop the world from spinning. I heard the water turn off and I looked at the bathroom door. When it opened, Alec stood in the frame in a pair of grey sweatpants. His ripped torso still had water droplets on it. His brown hair was sticking up everywhere and his eyes just stared at me with a certain fear.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Okay, I guess." I said. He walked towards the closet, not looking at me. "What happened?"

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Last thing I remember was you waking me up from the nightmare I had and we weren't in this room." I said.

"You don't remember Carl breaking a bond?" Alec said, looking at me puzzlingly.

"No, wait. Carl was here?" I said. I had no memory of my former Alpha being here.

"Yes. He was here to break any ties to your old pack, but you reacted worse than we thought." he said, looking down.

"How?" I said.

"When he broke the bond, something happen and we didn't know what. I had to call for my cousin Katie to help you. She has studied witchcraft, even been an apprentice to a strong witch. She called her mentor and they came over. I don't know what they did, a counter spell or something but I couldn't stick around." I stared at him. He was still looking down, he hadn't looked me in the eyes since he got out of the bathroom.

"Did the spell work?" I asked.

"Obviously. You're alive." he said.

"Okay, sarcasm? Not needed." I said. He smiled for once and it made me happy. "Also, what's wrong with you?" I said.

"What do you mean?" he said.

"You're distant, you won't look at me, won't come near me, and you're blocking me mentally." I said. He huffed and looked me in the eyes.

"Is this what you want?" he said.

"Thank you, now tell me what happened. Something happened that freaked you out." I said.

"Nothing happened. I just went for a jog." he said.

"We can't lie to each other dumbass." I told him. He turned his back on me and stared out the window, the muscles in his back tightened as he leaned on the wooden table.

"The spell you were under, it... it had a side effect. Whenever a man touched you, you would scream as if you were being burned. When you first fell, I ran over, trying to help you, but as soon as I touched you, you screamed and pulled away from me. My touch seared your skin and I couldn't stand the fact that you were in pain 'cause of me. I tried to keep control but my wolf was just so pissed that he took over and slaughtered some deer in the woods. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you." he rambled on. I stood up and slowly walked towards him, trying to keep my balance. When I finally made it over to him, I wrapped my arms underneath his and placed my head against his back. He turned around and wrapped his arms around me. I pressed myself against him and he put his head in the crook of my neck. We stood there in complete silence, no noise except the sound of his breath as it flowed down my neck. After standing there for a while, I made him look at me.