Chapter 7

I heard my door being thrown open. Soon, Carl stood in my bathroom doorway. I could tell that he was pissed.

"Raven, please tell me that you did not accept him?!" he asked, very loudly.

"I did, what is so wrong with that?" My wolf began pawing at the ground inside me, anxious.

"Because you are not his to accept." I stared at him. Why not?

"She isn't a pure born. Who would want someone like her?" I looked at Cameron, but he didn't look at me. What the hell was that suppose to mean?

"It doesn't matter... she's a wolf and pure born or not, she is still someone's other half. They will look for her and you never know, they could reject her." Carl said. All this was really starting to feel heavy on my heart.

"Wait, if Cameron just accepted me, doesn't that make me his mate?" I asked.

"Your wolf will never truly be happy with him... she may attack him actually. She will search for your true mate just like he will for-" My wolf howled in response.

"I am her true mate!" Cameron yelled. Carl huffed and looked at Cameron. I was a little worried for Carl's safety. Carl straighten and my wolf bowed her head and I had to the urge to do the same.

"Watch your tone, pup. Raven may be in love with you, but her wolf knows that finding her mate gives her a chance at a more happy life." Carl kept talking but I was distracted.

Do you really not like him?  I asked my wolf.

He gives me an uneasy feeling so no I don't trust him. she said. It hurt to hear her say that. I loved Cameron, everyone did, but my wolf not trusting him also gave me an uneasy feeling.

"Raven?" Carl said. He took a step but Cameron growled.

"I'm sorry, what did you say, Carl?" I said, shooting Cameron a look.

"If your tr-"

"Shut up! She's mine and no one else's!" Once again, I jumped at the sound of Cameron growling. Carl snarled at him in warning. 

"Can you two give me a moment?" I asked. Carl looked at me with soft eyes while Cameron's were dull. Carl bowed his head and walked out. Cameron remained still.

"I'm not leaving." he said.

"But I am asking you to."

"I don't want you doubting what you are to me."

"Cameron, go." My anger was rising

He could be a threat. my wolf whispered.

Please not now. I whispered back.

"No, I don't have to listen to this."

"Cameron, a lot has been dropped in my lap right now and I would like to be alone..." I said, or nearly shouted. He stormed out, pissed, and I sat on my bed. I began thinking. If what Carl said is true, and I am someone's "other half", as cheesy as it sounds, would they really come looking for me? Where could he possibly be? How many packs are there? Oh shit, what if he is an Alpha?

That would be amazing. my wolf laughed.

No, it wouldn't. I couldn't lead a pack. I said, nearly hyperventilating.

Yes we could, but let me ask you something.

Go ahead.

If our mate does find us, will you reject Cameron? she asked. I felt my stomach sink.