Chapter 3

I awoke with a start. I quickly sat up but fell back down. My right shoulder throbbed with pain and I moaned. I rubbed my neck, just where the throbbing ended and dried blood flakes fell down in a shower. Confused, I looked up and I became very worried. I was inside a cabin but I didn't recognize it at all. I twisted and turned, trying to find some type of hint to tell me where I was. Nothing gave me any clue. The door opened and three men walked in. I watched their every movement, making sure that they wouldn't attack. One inch closer to me.

"Get away from me." I growled.

"You don't have to be scared of us." he said. His voice was very familiar.

"Raven, it's okay. You're safe here."

"How do you know my name?" I watched them still but I was ready to attack.

"It's not like we don't hear it everyday." a different guy said.

"Get the hell away from me." I said.

"Raven, my name is Carl and what I'm going to tell you isn't going to be easy to hear." Carl said. I looked around.

"Don't tell her. I say we kill her." I heard one of them hiss.

"Try asshole." I said.

"Raven, that bite mark on your shoulder, well it changed you."

"Changed me?" I could tell that this was hard for him to say. He thought about it for a minute before straightening his stature.

"On the next full moon, your wolf will show itself. As the Alpha of this pack, I... I invite you to join our pack." The room went in rage. Everyone was talking at once and I couldn't understand them, but I did pick up a small conversation outside my door.

"Get out of my way."

"Carl will let you know when you can see her."

"I don't give a shit about what Carl says. Carl does not get to decide if I have a right to see her."

"Carl!" Someone hollered. All three guys rushed through the door. I stood up and I heard them argue more. The room was spinning but I wanted out of here.

"Guys, just let him in." The door burst opened and Cameron walked in. I almost dropped to the floor when he ran over and sat me on the bed. He moved my hair from my face and stared at me with his deep brown eyes. I managed to smile, weakly.

"Hi." I said. He laughed slightly.

"I get word that my girlfriend was the one who was attack by Lucas and all you got is hi?" Hearing his voice made my body fill up with calm. He made me lay back on the pillows and he sat down by my thighs. Carl looked at me and I remembered what he had just told me. My wolf? Next full moon? The Alpha?

"Please tell me that you are not suggesting that you're a werewolf." I looked at Cameron, hoping he would get me away from these crazy people. "Werewolves aren't real. They're mythological." Cameron froze. He turned around and stood up. Facing Carl, he growled.

"Please, tell me that Lucas didn't..." he took in a breath but it was shaky as if he was trying to stop the rage inside him, a sound I become accustomed to hearing . "Umm, didn't uh claim her." I was really confused. Claim me?

"No, but he did..." Cameron was on high alert and was severely pissed off.

"That is forbidden by law. Punishable by... oh my god."

"Lucas is dead, but her being changed isn't what we should be concerned about. What are you thinking? You know how our society works and how we find the person we spend our lives with."

"Cameron, what is going on?" I said, wanting some answers.

"Carl, I do understand it but I love her." Cameron said very coldly.

"But what happens when you find your mate? You're just going keep Raven as a side chick? You're an idiot." Carl said. These words made me feel like I got punched in the chest.

"I'm the idiot? Who let Lucas attack a human? Why did you save her?" I looked at him. Shouldn't he be happy that I am alive?

"Cameron, I tried to get there in time but I couldn't. When we got her here, her body didn't fight back and the transfer was completed." Only then did Cameron seem to remember that I was there. He turned around and pulled me in for a tight hug. He kept apologizing to me for letting this happen. I slightly pulled away and made him look at me. Carl slapped the other boys that had followed him in on the back and they left Cameron and I alone.

"Baby, please tell me what's wrong." He put his hands around my face and pulled me to him. He kissed me and ran his hand down my leg. I pushed him off.

"Cameron, come on."

"Please, babe. Try to understand. I almost lost you. I just didn't want-" he stood up.

"To lose your chance to not be a virgin anymore." I didn't know what else to say. I was so confused and pissed.

"I want to show you that Carl isn't crazy." He went to stand in the middle of the room. He closed his eyes and the energy in the air shifted. I don't know why I could sense it now but I could. I stared at Cameron. Soon, his skin rippled and black fur lurched forward. His handsome face that I loved to see changed into a face with a snout protruding. Cameron was now on all fours and instead, there was a brown wolf in his place. I nearly crawled up the walls.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!" I stared at it. Its yellow eyes looked at me, almost pleading with me. As quickly as he was gone, Cameron was back. My body was shaking. He didn't move away but he didn't come near me. I rested my head on my hand.

"I'm sorry babe," he said quietly. There sadness in his voice was still there and it was thick. He looked at me. I rolled over. "Ray?" I didn't turn to look at him. My head began to throb as I racked my  brain about what just happened. They had to have drugged me. There was no way what i saw was real.  I heard him walk out the door. I stood up from the bed once I heard him walk away from the cabin. I peaked out of the large window and my stomach turned upside and knotted all over again. 

Wolves of every size and color wander around the treeline. Among them were a few humans and when a large black wolf walked up to a petite blonde, there was a flash of light and a man stood before her. My field of vision soon went blurry and I raced to through the open door bathroom. I hurled up what was left of my dinner into the sink and turned the cold water on. Splashing my face and rinsing my mouth out, I looked up at the mirror. The girl before was almost unrecognizable. My eyes had large, dark circles under them and my face was pale, well paler than usual. I stared for a moment longer before turning around and slowly crawling back into bed. I closed my eyes, trying to make sense of my now upside down world.

This chapter was edited 3/31/2019