Chapter 4

"I'm sorry," Ryder said as he laid me on my bed, then sighed and sat down next to me.

"For what?" I asked not looking at him.

"For yelling at you in the hospital wing and yesterday," I looked up. I was asleep all day?

"It's just.... the idea of something bad happening to you," Ryder frowned and shook his head, then looked at me," I don't know what would happen if I lost you." Ryder leaned down and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me making him groan. He put his hand on my waist and pinned my wrists above my head kissing down my neck. I flinched when he got to the part of my neck that was bruised. He pulled away and sat up frowning.

"Sorry," He said quietly.

"It's fine," I said sitting on his lap and kissing him. He gently pushed me away and sat me on the bed. Ryder caressed my face. I pushed his hand away and stood up. I walked over to the window and looked out the window watching the leaves on the trees blowing in the wind. I opened the window and smiled slightly as I felt the breeze hit my face. It smelt like freshly cut grass and a river in the distance. I could hear the birds chirping happily and smelt the rain in the air that would soon be coming down to earth. I saw a shadow at the edge of the trees and a pair of glowing red eyes staring at me through the window. I froze when they disappeared. Someone's watching me!!!

"I... uh... I have to.... uh do something," I said walking out of my bedroom. I walked out of the house and to the woods where I saw the eyes. There were footprints. I sniffed the air. There was a scent I didn't recognize, but something about it drew me in. Curious, I followed the scent into the woods. I followed it until it disappeared. I looked around and realized I was lost.

"Shit!" I said looking around as I sighed. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I heard a twig snap behind me, and I turned, but there was nothing. I turned back around and fell to the ground. I looked up and froze when I saw his teeth. They were sharp, long, and pointed.

"Y-You're a v-vampire!" I said shakily as I tried to get to my feet. I've heard about them, but I've never actually seen one in person. My dad told me they were dangerous and selfish. That if you ever met one.... Run.

"And you're the wolf pup I've heard so much about," His voice was like silk. He was about six-foot-tall and looked like he was about Ryder's age. He was pale, which was one of the give a ways that he was vampire, he had brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a red t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes. He saw me staring at him and smirked leaning against a tree crossing his arms. I stared. I heard that vampires were beautiful, but this guy was... gorgeous. I thought Ryder was beautiful, but this guy made Ryder look like nothing compared to him! I couldn't move. He had me mesmerized.

"I'm not a wolf!" I said without thinking.

"Oh? Is that so?" He grinned," that explains why you smell human. You must be one of the unlucky ones that didn't inherit any wolf traits." I didn't like the way he said that or the way he was looking at me.

"You know, I'm supposed to bring you in to my boss," He said bringing me back to reality, then grinned," but you're just too damn cute for what he has planned for you." I finally got to my feet. When I did, I took off into the woods. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew I had to get away from him. I tripped over something and fell back to the ground with a loud "THUD!" Before I knew it, I was on my feet and pinned to a tree. When my eyes met his dark sea blue ones, I froze all over again. His eyes were the type of eyes that the moment you look into them you were caught and couldn't escape. They were the kind of eyes that if you weren't careful you could get lost in, they were like a maze. The longer you looked into them, the deeper they seemed to burry into your soul. They held so much emotion, but at the same time they held no emotion at all.