Prologue

"CLARA!?" I heard as I ran through the forest," CLARA!? WHERE ARE YOU!?" I could hear the panic in his voice. I tried to run to him, but I tripped and fell. I tried to get back up but was pinned to the ground on my back. I was looking into a pair of pure black-eyes that sent chills down my spine.

"You're mine now!" He growled.

My name is Clara Nickles. My dad is the alpha of the Nickles pack, and my mother is.... Well, was the Luna.... she died when I was born. I'm fourteen years old and I have a half-sister named Erica who is twenty-six. She's married and has a three-year-old daughter named Ellie. I was named after my grandmother. I was in a rebellious stage of my life, which got me into some serious trouble. I didn't want to be leader of the pack when I got older. By right's it would go to Erica since she's the oldest, but she turned it down, so it falls on me. I tried to fight it, but my dad kept pushing it on me, therefore causing my rebelliousness.

In each generation there is an heir to the "throne" I guess you could call it. That heir is either called Alpha or Luna depending on whether the heir is a male child or a female child. However, if it is a female child there is a story behind it! It is said that every one hundred years there is a female born into the Nickles pack that has special abilities! This female would not be born as a wolf, she would in fact be born a witch! This special child could control everything around her! She can control the weather, she can control the way the stream flows, and many more things if she could get a handle on her powers. This child is always coveted by the dark side of the supernatural community! Just like there is always this special child, there is also a person who is chosen to protect her! A person who will not only protect her but will love her for as long as he lives! He is her guardian and she is His Little Luna!