Michael bows and begins to leave. I can only watch as he does, watching as his back gets smaller until he turns a corner.

I feel his fingers brush against my back.

"Maybe this is a sign." I finally say.

"What do you mean?" He pulls me in to him.

"Maybe we were never supposed to..." I can't even bring myself to finish the thought.

"Mary, what did he say? What did he do?"

"Is there another way? Maybe we could just write letters or-" I'm stopped by my own throat closing on itself. The idea of being separated from him hurts.

"Stop."

"We can't damn an entire kingdom, you serve a purpose here, whereas I... don't."

"That's not true, you matter more than anyone here in this castle. I can't be here without you, I have no desire to even be a ruler if you're not with me." He opens his bedroom door and pulls me inside once again.

He pulls me all the way in and sits me down on his bed. The entire time I refuse to meet his gaze.

"What lies did he tell you?" He asks, kneeling before me so that he can look up to meet my eyes.

"None. He opened my eyes to reality is all. I just, I just can't let you leave here." My voice barely comes out a whisper.

"Mary." He reaches up to touch my face and I lean into his palm. "I can't let you leave either."

"If there's anyone that can change the way things are, it's you and only you." I tell him. "At least for now, until you can rule then maybe-"

"No, Mary."

"I was never fit to be a queen." I finally say.

"I won't marry anyone else."

"Please." Please make this easier.

"No." His voice comes out soft. He traces his fingers to the back of my head and pulls me forward until our foreheads touch.

"Please." I whisper.

He shakes his head and slowly comes up so our faces come closer.

"No."

He kisses me softly. I can't help but kiss him back.

"I have to go and you must to stay."

There's a pause. He goes back down to his knees and looks down. His hands grips mine.

"Then let me have you."

He meets my eyes once again but stands this time.

"What?" To let him have me?

"Before you go... I need you." He tells me and gently pushes me back so that I lay back on the bed. "I don't know how much time we have left, so please, let me have you now."

Oh.

"But what if-"

"Let's just worry about us for now, okay?" He tells me before he gets on top of me.

"Okay."

...

Time passed. Eventually it became night again and as of now, no one looked for us at least not that I was aware.

The feelings were too intense. When I woke again, I noticed he was gone.

Maybe this is the time. I get up from the bed and get dressed. I look around once more in case there's something I missed but notice nothing. I go towards the door to make my way out of the room.

However, when I reach for the door handle I grab nothing. My hand touches the door. I look down and notice it's gone. The door knob is gone.

I quickly kneel down and look around to try to find it on the floor, maybe it must have fallen off?

No. There's nothing.

How can I leave?

I try to look through the keyhole but only find darkness looking back at me.

I try pulling the door from the bottom but it's stays closed shut.

Did... he lock me in here? Why? What does he plan on doing? I don't understand anything.

I pull on the door again but nothing.

Should I call for help? Although I don't feel like anyone is on my side here. Something tells me I shouldn't let people know I'm in here, but how else can I get out?

I look around the room again but this time my eyes land on the window.

Perhaps...

I stand and go towards it and try to open it to no use. It's too dark outside for me to tell how high up I am, besides it's not like I would risk jumping out anyway, would I?

How did he lock the door and the window? Why did he lock them? What is he up to?

My heart races and I feel my chest tightening. Is he in danger right now? Is he doing something dangerous because of me?

I run back to the door and begin to knock on it. Knocking eventually turns into bangs and my soft calls turn into shouts. If there's anyone nearby, they ignore my calls and leave me alone for who knows how long.

What time is it? Can it really be that late? What happened to the maids, why aren't they coming? They're always at least one nearby why haven't they come? What is happening?

I stop.

Did he order them to ignore me?

I drop down to the floor and sit. There's no choice but for me to wait and see.