Friendship Hurts - 1

Friendship Hurts-1

January 6, 2015

Hi. I'm Hellaina Roberts. But people call me Ana. I'm 12 years old. I have no siblings and a lot of friends. I live in a small village, away from the city. Well, I used to live there. I used to have many friends. My mom passed away a week ago and now my father and I have to relocate to the city to get closer to his job and closer to my grandparents. We are rich. That's for sure. So it wasn't hard finding a new home for us. We found the biggest house in a private neighborhood. The houses there were big but we had the biggest.

The village had a park, a playground, a church, and a clinic. I asked my father if I could visit the park right after I'm done unpacking. He said yes. I quickly went to my bedroom and unpacked my stuff. For a little girl like me, my bedroom was like a huge room. It had shelves on the side and it was painted plain white with black flowery scribbles. It also had pictures of me and mom on the walls. I ran outside to go to the park as soon as I was done. I saw a lot of kids playing ball. Walking around and even saw couples who were just strolling.

I didn't know anyone right now so it made things really hard for me. I'm not the kind of kid who cried in one corner just because she or he doesn't have any friends. I began to approach kids of my age but they were busy minding their own business. I tried a different group of kids. Still no luck. I decided to give up. I decided to go home. I was about to head out of the park when suddenly a ball hit my head and I fell to the ground.

"Hey! Watch it!" I said.

"Sorry. My friend here threw the ball too far." The boy who seemed to own the ball said. He seemed the same age as me with his brunette hair and grey eyes.

"Well, make sure your friend doesn't hit anyone else on the head." I said, trying to get up.

"Here." The boy offered his hand for me to take.

I raised my eyebrow and lightly slapped the boys hand as I stood up. "I can manage."

"Wow. You're some girl. Most girls would cry if they were hit by a ball."

"Well, I'm not a cry baby." I shrugged.

"Hey! River! Hurry up!" His friend called. So his name is River.

"Hey, you should apologize! You hurt someone." River screamed towards his friend.

"Someone? Who?" His friend came into view. He had jet black hair and he had brown eyes. "Oh. You? I hit you? Sorry." He said.

"Whoa. Nice apology, bro." River said.

"Sorry. I guess I threw the ball too far." The boy shrugged.

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Whoa. For a girl you have a pretty bad mouth." The boy said.

"Cut it out, Shawn." River said. So his friend's name is Shawn.

"Again, I'm sorry." Shawn said, holding his arms up.

"Hi. I'm River. River Eliot." River offered his hand.

"I'm Hellaina. Hellaina Roberts. People call me Ana." I said, accepting his hand a shook it.

"This, here, is my friend. Shawn Ellison." River said, putting a hand over Shawn's shoulder.

"May I join you guys?" I asked.

"Sure." River shrugged.

I smiled. We played catch, tag, and truth or dare. We enjoyed every minute. But the joy died by the time when they asked me to tell them my darkest experience that I ever had in my life. They kept asking why I didn't answer them. I didn't want to tell them but truth or dare is played by the rules, so I have to tell them.