𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ─── 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝'𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫

────────────────────────────

a few weeks later, the air starts to get colder. with halloween coming upon us and the autumn leaves changing, i was excited to be alive. i loved the last three months of the year, they always brought me pure happiness.

i stand in a halloween store with xander and our two girl friends, they're looking at different things they could buy and xander and i mess with the different decorations and blow ups they have scattered around the store. my phone starts to buzz in my pocket and i take it out looking at it.

' INCOMING CALL!!!
           VINNIE HACKER '

i slide my finger across the smooth glass screen and put it up to my ear. "hello?" i say. "ms. d'amour!" vinnies voice bursts into my eardrum. "sir hacker" i say back to him. i can hear him slightly giggle over the phone and i shake my head.

"who are you talking to?" xander walks up to me, a pink cowboy hat gracing his head. i shoo him away and he shrugs. "what's going on" vinnie says as i pick up a small bat shaped decoration. "i'm with friends" i say looking over at them. mia and alex are trying on hats with xander and i shake my head at them. "where you at?" i could tell there was someone else in the room he was in, their voice echoed in the background.

"i'm at the halloween store."

"the halloween store?"

"the halloween store."

whoever he was with continued to talk in the background. "will you shut up!" he yells before coming back to me. "sorry i'm with a friend too, why are you at the halloween store?"

"why do you ask so many questions?" i twist my hips as i wait for him to answer, sticking the straw of my coffee between my lips. "because i want to know what my future wife is doing duh."

i choke on the drink as he speaks. "future wife?" i ask as i continue to cough my drink out of my lungs. "yeah, future wife."

my friends heads turn towards me, each of them giving me furrowed eyebrows. "too soon?" he asks after i'm silent for a second. "i just didn't know you had it planned that far ahead."

"i'm always planned that far ahead ms. d'amour" vinnie says. "i can see that."

it goes quiet and i drag my fingers over a skull shaped decoration. "so i called to see what you're doing this evening."

"evening? so formal."

"i know, i know, i'm such a gentleman" we both share a soft chuckle and i hate myself for the fact that it was a genuine laugh. "uhhh, i'm not doing anything" i answer his question and i could practically hear his smile through the phone. "wanna hang out?" he asks.

"uh sure, where you wanna go?" my friends are back near me now, listening to our conversation. "i'm fine with going anywhere, i can pick you up."

"i'll have my friend drop me off, where are you?" i question him. my friends still stare at me, confused looks on two of their faces. mia smiles. i think it's because she realizes who i am speaking to. "is that?" she gets all happy, doing a small dance.