𝐓𝐖𝐎 ─── 𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐞

𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝'𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫

────────────────────────────

i rub my eyes when i wake the next morning, it seems as if i had gotten no sleep at all with the yawn that comes from my body. "good morning sleepy pants" mia looks over at me. i didn't even realize we had fallen asleep on her basement floor the previous night.

i convinced mia to let us drink her parents alcohol and we got wasted and then i don't know what happens after that.

i wince when my head pounds. "shush" xander groans from beside me, i look down at him and push at him till he wakes. "i'm up leave me alone!" he yells, slapping my hand away. i frown and turn back to the couple in front of me. "we were just gonna go get coffee if you wanna come bae" alex smiles and i nod. "xan you coming?" she asks the boy and he throws his hand at her, shooing us away.

we leave the house, i still have on my sweatpants and t-shirt from the previous day and no makeup on. my black hair falls below my shoulders and i question whether or not i should put it up in a ponytail. i sit in the back of the car while the two girls sit in the front two seats. they play music quietly as i grip my head.

when we pull up to the cafe, we all quickly jump out. "i cant wait to get my fix" mia smiles and rubs her hands together before we go inside. it's our favorite shop in the entirety of the states. it's not just the coffee that was the best but the atmosphere was great too. they always played quiet songs, ones that weren't annoying either, ones you could just close your eyes and listen to if you needed it. their coffee was just as good as their music choice. i swear if one could marry coffee, i'd be the first person in line to marry theirs.

the scents of coffee bean and baked goods swirls through the air and enters my nostrils. "it smells so good" alexandra says, completely reading my mind. "i'm going to get a table, you know what i want right?" i ask them and they both nod before i walk away.

i find a small booth by the front window, it starts to rain when i sit down, the raindrops hitting the window next to me. it's a sweet patter.

my fingers trace the wooden pattern on the table and i softly hum the song they play over the speakers.

it's a couple minutes before the girls come and sit at the table with me. "aw it started to rain" mia frowns when she sees the cloudy sky. i stick a straw in the top of my cup, sipping the cold coffee from within. "you don't like the rain mi?" i ask her and she shrugs. "it's not my favorite."

her and alex start to talk about something else and my mind wanders, my eyes looking at everything around me. i watch as the flowers outside get rained on, the water hitting their petals, they flop around when it happens. a large puddle forms out in the parking lot where a large chunk was all worn down. i stare at my coffee, watching as the cream swirls around when i mix it.

"kels" alex taps my hand and i look up at her. "what?"

"does ant have a brother?" mia cocks a brow and i furrow mine, "no a younger sister why?" i ask. her eyes go wide, "dude this boy over here looks like he could be his brother" she tilts her head in the direction of a tall boy. he stands in line waiting to get some coffee with a few other boys with him. the workers gawk at him and his friends as they order their coffees.