Fallen angels

Song: long shot, Catfish and the bottlemen

'Birds born in cages think freedom is a crime'
Thank you @raththewrath for sharing this quote with me. It's perfect for this story!

Louis had spent the past twenty minutes searching for Harry but the boy was nowhere to be found. He had checked the common room, their bedroom, the dining room, the main hall, reception, the bathrooms and the football pitch; it were as if he had vanished.

He dragged his heavy feet up the stairs for the fourth time and made his way to the dormitories on the west wing of the school. He knocked twice on Liam's door and rested against the frame, tired and frustrated.

Liam opened the door with a smile, and Louis could hear Zayn saying something in the background with his thick Bradford accent. "Hey Louis, what's up?"

"Have you seen Harry? I've looked everywhere for him" Louis asked impatiently, tapping his foot in a rhythmic beat.

"I thought you're avoiding him?" Liam asked with pinched brows. "I assumed you skipped detention because he was going"

Louis felt like his heart dropped to his stomach and he widened his eyes in realisation, "Shit! I fucking forgot about that" he said with a groan.

Liam gave him a nervous look, "Oh. Well yeah, Harry's probably with Mr.Fullmer, you might wanna go there now"

"Right" Louis nodded and rolled his eyes, "I'll see you later or something" he added before running off down the hall, taking the stairs again as the classroom was on the ground floor.

He made it there quickly and walked straight into the classroom, letting out a deep breath partly from his rush to get there and partly from his nerves. He looked up and saw Harry sat at the front of the room, looking over his shoulder with a relieved expression once he saw Louis.

Louis smiled and walked up front, taking a seat next to Harry before noticing the unamused expression on Professor Fullmers face.

"So. You were late to class, earning yourself a detention, and now you're also late for that too. I think you need to work on your punctuality Louis, don't you think?" Fullmer said with a quirked brow, looking at him with cold eyes.

"Uh, I was at a counselling session" Louis replied. He hated to admit it but he figured it could earn him some sympathy.

The professor raised his brows in slight surprise before he looked back down at his laptop with a sigh. "Fine. I'll let you off this one time, don't let it happen again and get on with your work"

Louis looked down to find a chemistry booklet that looked exactly like the one Harry was currently working through. He repressed a groan and took out his pencil case from his bag, retrieving a pen before dumping his bag back onto the floor. He looked over at Harry to see he had gotten the majority of it finished already. "Can I copy yours?" He whispered to him with a grin.