34. ✭ would i lie to you?

Magsimula sa umpisa

He and Heather were getting married in May of '86 and, naturally, he wanted Nikki to be his best man. He accepted the proposal with an unintelligible amount of glee for his best friend, and decided that we all were to get royally fucked up in celebration of the forthcoming wedding.

Despite his, semi artificial, happiness for Tommy and Heather, Nikki fucking Sixx was still skating on extremely thin ice with yours truly. 

"It's been like three weeks. You can't keep avoiding me, Christine" he said lowly as I pulled my heels from the suitcase and forced it shut when I was done.

Childishly, I ignored him. Instead, I decided on slipping the strap of my stiletto into the buckle, taking my time before moving onto the other.

"Fine" he growled.

Nikki grabbed at my purse and angrily dropped it down onto the bed next to me, clearing the vanity so he could set out a few lines for himself. He gestured to the baggy in his hand but I shook my head--no matter how badly I wanted to get jacked up, another moment spent with him was another moment closer to me ripping his head off.

"Don't wait around for me."

"I won't" I spat before slinging my leather jacket over my shoulder, snatching my bag from the mattress, and stomping my way across the carpet to the door.

Tommy, Mick, Vince, Sharise, Heather and Mick's girlfriend Nina were all waiting with Doc and Doug in the lobby of the hotel. Sharise already looked as though she was ready to call it a night.

I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled on the hem of my dress when I noticed a mirror in the hallway, and felt anger start to bubble out of me as Nikki stormed his way down the hall.

"You can't seriously still be mad at me?"

"I can." I side eyed him and headed over to the couches that everyone was sat on, groaning out because he made big strides to catch up to me.

"We've fucked at least once a day for the last three weeks, you've been desperate to get jacked up with me and you were perfectly fine with me the few days before we set off. What the fuck has changed, Christine?"

I tried to keep walking, smiling at Vince as he clocked us, but started to roll my eyes when Nikki pulled my hand back and I stumbled into him.

"What?!"

"Tell me why you're so mad at me. How will I know how I'm gonna make this better if you won't even talk to me?" I shrugged. "Humor me here! Give me something!"

I didn't know what to bring up first. The fight? The fact that I wanted to try and kick smack but it was too difficult to even talk to him about? Or should I have brought up Vanity and the countless voicemails she would leave, asking Nikki to call her back in that sickly sweet voice of hers?

Remembering what my nana had always said about ignorance being bliss, I just continued down the hall and pretended like I wasn't about to start crying.

"You're a fucking joke" he stated calmly, pushing his way past me when I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at him with a look of venom as he sauntered over to the table.

"I'm a fucking joke?" I shook my head and followed behind him.

Doc stared at me expectantly as I took my time heading over, hoping that Nikki and the guys would leave before the girls and I.

"What's that?" he asked, pointing to my neck.

I looked down at the purple bruise and shrugged. "A hickey."