prologue

✧✧✧

     "It will benefit the whole kingdom and we'll have better relations with a very powerful family. You're going to marry him and that's final!" Margaret Barlowe felt as if she had been drowned by greed, and was never coming up to the surface after hearing her mother's words. The thought of marrying a man she was never destined to be with made her sick to her stomach, and she felt the need to throw up as some way to let out her pain. 

Margaret had plans to run away with a handsome man she had met along the way. He had sandy blonde hair, deep green eyes, and a shining smile that pulled her towards him without a second thought. She herself was a beautiful woman at her time with waves of healthy brown hair, and big amber eyes of which her lover was very fond of. Her dreams, now guaranteed to never come true, were crushed, and she had nothing to do but think about all the things that could've happened. After just a few months, she found herself being called Margaret Silvers, and she cringed at the thought of it.

     In the eyes of the public, Margaret Scarlett Silvers and Adam John Silvers were the perfect royal couple. They were seen outside daily, with bright smiles plastered on their face, and displaying loving gestures towards each other. Amongst the perfection lied a destructive truth that the couple held in like a ticking time bomb. On September 15th, 1972 Margaret failed to deliver a baby boy, and little did the family know, that was the day of their downfall. 

The following years, the couple tried and tried to deliver a boy, fit to be the heir to the throne, but each try was unsuccessful. Many servants in the palace saw bruises all over the queen's body, but no one dared to ask with the fear of what might happen if they did. The queen always brushed off these injuries as they were never there, and no one outside of the castle was aware of these happenings other than their daughter. Arabella Elain Silvers knew the entire truth, and this was detrimental to her story.

✧✧✧