Chapter Four

"Oh, it is you! You look different! Nine tails? Isn't that-" Hashirama was cut off by Madara hugging him. Hashirama smiled warmly as Madara cried into his shoulder.

"I missed you."

"Reunion later! Our clans are fighting! We need to do something about that." Hashirama took Madara's hand. Madara flushed and covered his mouth, turning to the side.

'He looks so. . .' Pretty? Tall? Handsome? '. . .Strong.' Madara looked at Hashirama. His tall branch horns, his leaf-like ears, his long wood tail. 'This is what a leader looks like. Not me. Him.'

". . .Did you hear me?"

"Huh?"

"I said I had a plan." Hashirama said, smiling.

--

"Really?" Madara wasn't amused. Embarrassed, maybe, but it was not  funny. "We have to pretend to get married!?"

". . .Unless you don't want to pretend."

"Ugh." Madara huffed and crossed his arms.

Hashirama chuckled. "This will hopefully unite the clans."

"But- but they'll think you like me!"

"I. . . do."

"Wait, what?"

"I said, I do like you."

Madara stiffened, turning redder by the second. "Let's just move on! We'll talk about this later. Next idea!"

Hashirama sighed. "Alright. Let's see here. . ."

-

Time passed, and as it did so, the two spirits became more tired.

"Hey, Hashirama?" Madara yawned.

"Hm?" Hashirama replied.

"What time is it?"

Hashirama sat up from his position on the rock, looking up at the moon. "Bout ten-ish."

"We should get back."

". . . Don't wanna."

"Oh, c'mon!" Madara shoved Hashirama's side playfully. "The majority of my clan is probably having hangovers, but what about yours? Won't they worry?"

"Eh." This wasn't like Hashirama, to not worry about the Senju, but Madara made him want to forget about everything and just look up at the stars.

(AN: I'm not very good at writing stuff like this ;v;)

"Fine." Madara crossed his arms.

Hashirama huffed, but then his demeanor totally changed and he started laughing.

"Wh-what? What is it?"

"Oh, nothing." Hashirama smiled, eyes warm.

"Mhm. . . alright."

Eventually they both fell into a deep sleep.

But Madara woke up in the middle of the night. He yawned and shuffled to find a position that was comfortable. He snuggled against Hashirama's chest, not knowing it was him. When Madara fell back asleep, Hashirama awoke. He saw the smaller boy against his chest and smiled, closing his eyes.

--

Tobirama snarled at the scene. He couldn't believe his own brother, the soon-to-be Senju clan leader, was fraternizing with the Uchiha's soon-to-be clan leader. "I'm putting an end to this. The Uchiha's only nine-tails will be gone and we will prevail. Trust me, brother, you'll thank me later."

(AN: whoo finally back to writing!)