Chapter 16

"Izuna, you stay here."

Madara pointed to a tent obscured from the battlefield's view.

"Stay safe." The 17-year-old said.

"I'll be back!" Madara smiled sadly as he put on a white fox mask and pulled a cloak over his shoulders.

He was dead.

Izuna was dead.

And it was that stupid Fae's fault!

No... no, it was his fault. He left him for dead.

Madara looked up wide-eyed at the tall beast.

It roared at the sky, waving its tail.

'That's not an it,' Madara realized. 'That's Hashirama!'

"Get down!" a voice called to him. It was Tobirama.

"I have to help Hashirama!" Madara snarled at him.

(AN: for Hashirama's beast, imagine a nature godzilla type thingy)

He climbed up the side of a cliff, and waved his arms to get beast-Hashirama's attention.

Hashirama looked down at him and his big brown eyes widened.

'Please let this work,' Madara prayed.

"Hashirama!" He yelled. Hashirama lowered his beast head until they were eye to eye.

Madara reached out and placed his clawed hand on Hashirama's snout. Madara almost pulled his hand away from the scaly skin. But he couldn't. He had to get Hashirama back.

"Hey, you need to, uh, turn back?" Madara struggled with his words. Beast-Hashirama cocked his head.

"That's not gonna work." Madara heard from behind him. He turned around to see the person he loathed most in the world right now.

"Tobirama." He growled, facing the silver-haired Fae.

"Just saying he needs to turn back is not going to work," Tobirama repeated. "we need to work together, just this once. We both love him, right?"

Madara turned back at the beast-Hashirama, who looked confused.

"Yeah," Madara's face turned a bit red.

"Then we have to get going. Kiss his snout." Tobirama hated the idea, but it could be the only thing that saved his brother.

"What!?" Madara took a step back from Hashirama.

"Do it." Tobirama hissed.

"Ugh. I don't know why you think this will work," Madara walked towards Hashirama, who looked at him in a puzzled manner. 

(AN: whooo back to writing!)