5. Choosing Ceremony

Lately as you know the chapters have been Thomas to Tris but this chapter and maybe a few more will be a mix. Sorry for late ass updates, I have most of the chapters but I’m editing it all so that it makes sense and it doesn’t come out as gibberish.

**  **  **

Thomas P.O.V.

Thomas woke up and saw and half of the Gladers getting clothes while the other half of were just waking up. There were two people at the door holding clothes; Thomas guessed one side was for girls the other, boys. Turning to the side he saw Minho just waking up while Chuck and Newt already gone. Thomas looked around for Teresa but didn’t see any sign of her. “Minho, have you seen Teresa?” I asked the half awake Minho

“Nope, why? Worried about your girlfriend?” Minho asked while getting up. “Shut up” I said before we both headed to the door. Both of them got a pair of clothes before walking towards the showers. There were about 10 showers lining up each side of the wall with only a flimsy white curtain blocking your sight of the people in the shower. One by one, boys started to get out gradually making the line smaller. Thomas then got into one of the free showers and started to clean himself. Putting on the clothes he noticed that it wasn’t too different from the clothes they wore in the Glade; grey sweatpants with a black long sleeved shirt. Thomas quickly dressed up to find everyone else.

** ** **

I wonder what they do in this Choosing Ceremony, how many people would be there, questions flooding Thomas’ curious mind. They were now in a room that consisted of 3 concentric circles; after being led by some people in black up some stairs. On the outside were where the guards-if that is what you would call them, lead them-are in the middle were a groups of unfamiliar people, dressed in different colours; blue, black, grey, black and white and red, yellow and orange. In the middle were 5 bowls, each with something inside of it; grey stones, water, earth, lit coals and glass and in each, a knife. What do they want us to do? What is all of that inside of there? Do they symbolise something like how WICKED stood for something?

“Can you see it?” Thomas whispered to Newt who was sitting beside him

“Yeah, what in the bloody hell is all of this for?”

“I don’t know”

Then they just sat there in silence...waiting. Thomas looked around again at everyone; maybe the little groups each have a job, like in the Glade, builders, runners, med jacks.

With everyone sat down Jeanine, came up into the middle of the circles. “Hello and welcome to the Choosing Ceremony”, she spoke to the group of people. Thomas looked around for Natalie, he wanted to talk to her again, he needed help and advice but he couldn’t find her.

“As you are all aware, we have new people here today, they will be going through the Choosing Ceremony but it might be a bit longer than usual seeing as they are new here. You”, she addressed to us, “all must choose a faction, the one that you got in your Aptitude test should be your first choice but others choose otherwise. We have some bowls here which represent each faction: the lit coals for Dauntless, the brave”, the Dauntless then yelled and whooped, they were dressed in all black, like the guards, Jeanine then continued, “Grey stones for Abnegation, the selfless, Water for Erudite, the intelligent, Earth for Amity, the peaceful and Glass for Candor, the honest. We will now call you up, by first name alphabetically”.

Then Jeanine started to call the names, Alby was first up, “Okay Alby, please pick up the knife”, he picked it up, “Now what you do is slice a small slit in your hand and drop your blood into the bowl of which faction you would like to choose”, Alby hesitated for a second, he grabbed the knife but didn’t slice yet, he just looked back at us then chose Erudite, then put the knife down and walked back up sitting to his spot where he was sitting before. Then a few more people went, then Chuck he chose Amity, a few more people again then Gally, he chose Dauntless, well this is going to be fun, Thomas thought to himself, a few more people then Minho, he chose Dauntless, thank you shank, then Newt went, he went and chose Abnegation, a few more people then Teresa went, she chose Dauntless, then he was after her, Thomas remembered his results, slowly walking up, Thomas took that time to choose which faction he was going to choose without raising suspicions that he was different. A Divergent. Coming came up to the bowls and took the knife, am I being too suspicious? Can she already sense that I’m Divergent?  Thomas slowly then cut a slit into his palm so that a small amount of blood trickled out, zoning out, Thomas put his hand over the burning coals, and soon heard the sizzle of his blood and the whooping of the Dauntless.

Thomas sat back down in his spot in between Minho and Newt. Minho slapped his back while saying things that Thomas couldn’t really process, Newt was also next to him talking but he wasn’t listening. Thomas didn’t know why but this feeling felt weird, like it was wrong but right.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry this chapter is boring :/ Do you guys want shorter or longer chapters? Sorry for late updates as well, I’ve been busy and having problems sorry sorry sorry, but I have all most of the chapters so all I am doing is editing now yay…I guess ~dauntlesslionrunner