11 | Test the Boiling Water

Start from the beginning

"You look beautiful, Em"

"I know." I replied earning a chuckle from him.

"Follow me. The Prince is waiting in the living room." He was very formal with a smile plastered on his face. His eyes was unreadable though and I realized that it must be because he was working right now and his boss was here. We walked to the living room to reveal the Prince standing up in my presence. Oh my God. He's so handsome. And I didn't exaggerate that part. He truly was dazzling with his jet black hair in a sexy mess that somehow looked like it was styled that way with a few strands of hair resting on his forehead as if he was Superman. His blue eyes captured me as his eyes raked my body up and down and by the smile and twinkle in his eyes, I knew I had the right choice of dress to wear tonight.

"You look beautiful, Emeralda." His voice was deep and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." He brushed my hair lightly, his eyes just staring at me.

"Let's go?"

"Yes." He offered his arm and I gladly linked arms with him. I pressed my lips together trying to control the heat on my cheeks. I still can't believe a prince has asked me out on a date. I looked down on my shoes as we began walking. My pointed white high heels with thin straps tied on my ankles made me look so feminine and a good girl. Fuck. I only wore these shoes when Gio proposed to Percyla because it was perfect for their romantic theme. I thought I would never wear these again but here I was, wearing them on a date. Maybe this shoes were lucky?

"I want to take you somewhere private and out of people's gaze. Would you like that?" He asked me as we walked to my garage where his car was. I smiled, touched by his thought of him wanting for us to have some privacy.

"That would be perfect." I replied and his smiled grew making him look younger and more handsome.

"Great! I really want us to have privacy, Emeralda. I don't want any paparazzis or people looking while I get to know you. I don't want you too to get worried about the people. People can be... I don't know... they can push the limits to their boundaries." He tried explaining just as we arrived at the parking lot. He looked flustered and he was trying to find the right words to say. It's so cute. I placed my hand on his chest and smiled.

"I understand." My words made him breathe out his relief and smiled again.

"Thank you."

"We're ready, Your Highness." I heard Axel speak as he opened the door for us.

"Why a limo?" I asked the man beside me and he gestured for us to go.

"It's much more comfortable." He replied before he let me go and made me go inside the car first. Max's cologne attacked me the moment I stepped in the limo. He must be using this car often, I thought. I went to the center to give space to him and he sat beside me. Axel closed the car and left. I felt the car move and knew I was going to be taken wherever Max has planned us to go.

"Can I hold your hand?" I nodded at his request and he quickly intertwined our fingers together, smiling to himself. I looked at him in curiosity thinking how can a man like him; a wealthy, powerful man with a crown on his head, as for things that can simply be given to him. It made me lucky that a man like him can ask permission even the smallest of things.

"Thank you for agreeing to go on a date with me, Emeralda." He spoke with much sincerity, his eyes not leaving mine. Gosh! I could drown in his eyes. They were deep and full of life but something tells me he's searching for something. What was missing? Or what was I missing?

"Well, I cannot say no to a prince, can I? I don't want to hear something like 'Off with her head' when I say no, right?" I joked with the 'off with her head' sentence being done in a Red Queen's voice. His laughter filled the car and I couldn't help but laugh as well.