Privileges and Responsibilities

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you want people to know?" Grace asked, her brow furrowed.

"It's a long story..." Lucas muttered, looking away. He heard Grace take in a breath to press further, but it was cut off by an elbow in the gut from Nessa.

"Let's keep going. We'll explain everything else." Nessa said.

"I'm sure Louis already mentioned this, but S-Class students have as much power as the faculty do." Grace explained.

"We also have access to everything faculty does. For example, student profiles." Nessa added, glancing at Lucas. They had come to a stop in front of a large mahogany door.

"This is our room. Kind of like a student council room if you will." Grace said, pushing the door open. The room was fairly large, with wooden floors and white walls. Two of the walls were lined with books, while the other two were lined with filing cabinets. In the center was a circular desk with an empty center that was surrounded with ten seats.

"The bookshelves hold any information previous and/or current S-Class students thought might be useful. The filing cabinets hold all the logistics of the students and the academy." Nessa explained with a wave of her hand.

"We're in charge of organizing and approving any student events." Grace pointed to a pile of papers sitting on the circular desk.

"We also settle minor issues or infractions of the rules." Nessa pointed to another stack of papers.

"That's a lot of responsibility to give to high school students." Lucas mused, shuffling through some of the papers.

"Headmaster Vermillion claims it's because he wants to prepare us for adulthood." Grace said with a shrug.

"Rumors say he just doesn't want to deal with logistics." Nessa giggled. Lucas smiled at the thought, picturing Headmaster Vermillion complaining about the paperwork.

"That's most of what you need to know!" Nessa exclaimed, spinning around. "Let's go get some food!"

"Is eating all you think about?" Grace grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"You don't have to come Ice Queen." Nessa snapped. She wrapped her arms around Lucas's forearms. "You'll come with me, won't you Luke?"

"Luke?" Lucas blinked in confusion.

"It's your nickname!" Nessa said, grinning brightly at him. Lucas felt himself blush and he quickly turned his face away, hoping that Nessa didn't notice.

"Yeah sure. I'm down for some food." He responded.

"Great! Are you coming or not, Ice Queen?" Nessa asked, looking at the black-haired girl.

"Are you paying?" Grace asked, pursing her lips.

"No, but I'll drive." Nessa responded. Grace hesitated for another second before giving in.

"Sure, alright. Where are we going?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After a while, they were standing in front of a restaurant with a yellow sign and blue letters that read 8-Island. As they walked in the bell rang, and a girl wearing an orange dress with a white apron greeted them at the door.

"Welcome to 8-Island! Please follow me!" She led them to a booth in the corner of the restaurant. Once they had sat down she handed them all menus. "Let me know when you're ready to order!" She said with a smile before walking away.

"So what do they serve here?" Lucas asked, opening the menu.

"Burgers, spaghetti, pizza and so on. Western food." Nessa listed. She hadn't even opened her menu.