Chapter Fourteen

Alex felt sad after he left Ashley's home like that. But he really had to. Though, he was happy abou Ashley punching him because he knew Ashley was taking her anger out. But then he was afraid to call her because he knew that leaving her home like that was not a good idea.

And in the other hand, Ashley felt bad about hitting him like that and thought that he was hurt again, and the thought of hurting him really made her sad. But then for some days, they didn't try to talk and meet. But both of them found out that they again gained a dominance on each other and they were badly missing each other and wanted to talk to each other. But both of them stayed quiet for some days.

Then one day, Alex went to the Grinders at the time when Ashley used to come and saw the seat empty. So he sat there, feeling disappointed. Then finally, he ordered a hot chocolate and sat there, waiting for Ashley. And suddenly after that, he felt a gaze towards him and felt her presence. He was constantly looking at his glass and wasn't able to look at her eyes. But he felt her presence on the seat on the same table, in front of him. And then, he wasn't able to resist his eyes and lookes directly into hers. For a moment, both of them were quite. Ashley must be really brave to do such a tough job. Finally Ashley managed to ask,
"Why did you leave like that?"
And Alex had nothing to say, so he just looked at her and said nothing, and started to drink the hot chocolate. Then Ashley ordered a hot chocolate too and then smiled at him, "Wow! Ignoring, huh!"
"No, I'm not.", Alex finally managed to say, with a apologetic voice.
"Then, what was it?", Ashley's voice was full of anger.
"Umm... I don't know, I just felt embarrassed and left. I shouldn't have done that.", and after apologizing, he felt, really, light.
"Oh."

And then, there was a pause, a long pause. The chattering voices from the other tables, made there ears numb. And then, Ashley drank her hot chocolate totally and tried to leave. And Alex took her hand immediately and she left it.
"Don't go! Please!", and his pleading and heavy voice didn't let her go.
She took the seat again and looked at him still.
"I'm sorry that I left that day, Ash. I missed you."
"Don't call me that. My Alex used to call me that and you're not him. He was never so rude and coward. He never used to run away fron things. So stop.", and both of them felt an ache, and Alex felt his heart shattering in pieces. But he managed his feelings and tried to sound normal.
"Actually, you're right! You're not my Ashley either. My friend Ashley used to be nice and she was so charming. She was never a freak saying hurtful words everytime. You are not as close as her.", and then he felt, he said much more than he had to.

Ashley got up from the seat and started running towards the door and Alex got up immediately and started chasing her. He was continuously screaming her name and he remembered not to say Ash. Then he finally got her and caught her hand. She tried to loose his grip but she wasn't able to. She fighted his grip but he didn't set him loose. He was looking at her constantly and just saying through his eyes "Don't go". And then, unable to loosen his grip she finally uttered with a shaking and heavy voice,
"Alex! Don't!", and her broken voice, made Alex calm, but then he set the grip loose but held her hand calmly.
"Just talk to me! Why are you running away always?", he asked, calmly.
"Because, everytime when I think it's the end of the misery, you hurt me again. I can't do it anymore Alex! I can't.", and tears started falling by her cheeks.
"Don't cry Ash! Please.....", and he tried to wipe her cheeks but her hands slapped his.
"Don't! Just don't! How much you've changed Alex! You want a chance! But you never really told me why you left, and you didn't even try to contact. I tried everything, waited for you, even texted, but you never really got time for fan's messages! Did you?", she took a deep breath and continued again because Alex really didn't want to stop her.
"And now after you're back, everytime I give you what kinda behavior you deserve, you act like that's my fault, and hurt me even more! Why is it Alex? You never used to hurt me like that? Where is him? Who are you?", and tears again started flowing through her cheeks. She couldn't control it. Alex again held her hand but she loosened it and ran away. She sat on a bench nearby and started crying, she didn't try to stop it, it was breathtaking, but she wanted to cry which she was storing for months.

After few minutes, Alex came and sat beside her, on the other corner of the bench. He really wanted her to get everything out, it was enough for him too. He knew everytime when he had to act nice, he overreacted, and for this time, he was not gonna do that.
So he suddenly placed a chocolate beside Ashley and took his seat again. He didn't say a word and Ashley wiped her tears after looking at it and started crying again. Before Alex could even realize, his eyes were also wet and cheeks were warm. But he managed to wipe his eyes.

After few minutes, Ashley took the chocolate, opened it, and ate it totally. It was a relief for Alex and Ashley's face was also in a better condition than before. She got up and started walking when Alex said, "Wait!"
"What?"
"You're done? I mean, that anger! All gone!"
"Yeah, I'm quiet done!"
"Okay, now let me say something to you!"
"What?"
"You didn't let me apologize..... I'm sorry for being such a freak when I had to be much polite. I'm sorry for behaving rudely. Please, forgive me for every bad decisions I made!"
And Ashley's face went dark to red, and it was not anger, it was forgiveness. But it wasn't as easy as everyone thought.
"Okay, I'll try!", she acted normally. She was really feeling good after putting everything out.
"That will be enough for me. Thank you. Can I call you, Ash?", he was afraid of being hurt again.
"Ugh! Alex! Listen!", and Ashley looked at his eyes, "It's not like that I only did good things. Sometimes I also acted madly, and called it your fate but maybe it could be different!", and there was a silence. "Ohhh noooooo..... I shouldn't have said that! Uhh... whatever, sometimes I also made wrong choices. I'm sorry too...."
"Wa... what?", Alex never imagined she could apologize and for him it was never her fault.
"Okay. Forget that I said that.", and she started to walk.
"Wait! Where are you going?"
"Home! Are you gonna stand there or drop me home?"
"Oh, yeah, I'm here. Let's go."