Chapter 13: Awakening

Months went by, boring and grueling. I was constantly worrying, whether it be school or trying to create a strong bond with my dad and my half-siblings. My only relief were my new friends, Bubba, Ian, Taylor, and yes... even Nick. We became an inseparable group, even though I felt left out at times.

The worst part of the grueling months, was not knowing who saved my life. I wanted to thank them, but no one would give me an answer except for "a criminal saved you". The only silver lining was Summer, it quickly approached and filled me with happiness.

Ryan's condition showed no sign of getting better, and when the doctors ran some of his blood in some tests, it turned out he had something rare about his blood. It wasn't anything bad, nor was it good. It was just there.

I often found myself missing Ryan, mindlessly finding myself sketching him when I'm bored in class. The whole school missed him and they despised me, they still thought I was the reason why what happened to him happened.

It was the last day of school, and I was ecstatic. Finally, I'd be able to have no worries( well school related worries).

As I was walking out of campus, Yuri caught up to me.

"Hey, cool guy. Where you going?" He asks me, with suave confidence.

I chuckle at his odd confidence,"Home, where I'll be able to get away from the weirdo next to me."

"Well that's rude, I guess you don't want to see a movie later?" He asks me.

"I'll think about it." I tell him.

"Ok, well text me!" He says, walking off to the buses.

I continued to walk on, and I saw a large crowd up ahead. I was intrigued and I walked towards the crowd.

I tapped one of the people I knew in the crowd and asked her,"What's going on? Is there a fight?"

"No! Ryan is back!" She squeals, turning back around.

I almost died, Ryan woke up? Since when?! Why was he here, why didn't I know?

I felt a little hurt he didn't bother to let me know, and I also felt scared he'd manage to see me through the crowd.

I swallowed my pride and started to walk away, I didn't want him to see me. The pain I felt when he cheated on me resurfaced. The way he looked at me while he hit me popped into the forefront of my thoughts.

Ryan Dale is trouble, I thought to myself as I continued on home.

As I was about a block away from home, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I take my phone out and I saw I got a text from... Ryan.

It had two words; Behind you.

I turned, and Ryan was walking to me.

"It's nice to know you didn't move away." He says, walking towards me. It's like seeing a ghost.

"You're awake?" I manage to ask, staring at him.

"Don't say you thought I wasn't going to pull through." He says, coming closer to me. I wanted to turn around and walk away, I didn't need him.

"No..." I tell him while looking down at the cement," I thought you'd forget about me."

"Why would you say that? Logan, that honestly hurts. I came here thinking that you'd miss me, or at least not act like this. What did I do?" He asks me, his voice is obviously refraining from giving way to sadness.

"I wanted you to forget about me so it'd be easier to accept the fact that we'll never be together."I tell him, tears in my eyes. I wanted to hug him so bad. I wanted to tell him of the hell I went through while he was gone.

"Logan..." Ryan begins, before I turn around and start to walk away. I can't let him see me like this.

"Logan wait! I can't really run yet!" He tells me, and I use the information he just said to my advantage. I begin to run, but I hear his footsteps get louder as he picks up the pace as well. I could've outran him, but I didn't want to. He caught up to me and turned me around.

I stared into his eyes, and I realized just how beautiful Ryan is.

"Why are you running?" He asks me, out of breathe.

I grab him by his shirt and pull him closer to me. I push my lips onto mine, and don't dare to close my eyes. I look at his surprised face, he obviously didn't know how to react.

I pull away, keeping my body close to his.

"I missed you so bad..." I whisper to him, putting my head to his chest.

"Can we talk in private?" He asks me. I look up at him, not knowing how to feel about him.

"Why not here?" I ask him.

"Because I don't want anyone watching us, I might not be able to keep myself from getting emotional."

"Then my room is the perfect place." I tell him, before walking with him to my house. I may not know how to feel about Ryan, but I might as well do what the heart wants for now. After all, he did just wake up.

Once in my room, I sit down on my bed. He sits next to me and awkwardly fiddles with his fingers.

"I don't know what to say, besides the fact that I'm sorry." He says.

"For what?" I ask him.

"Cheating on you." He says.

"Oh." I say, not knowing any other words to say.

"I just wanted to let you know that... I don't think I did do anything with Regina." He says.

"You didn't?" I ask him.

"I may have been drunk for the first time, which was horrible, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember something like that." He confesses.

I look at him," I don't care."

He looks at me, confused. "You're all kinds of different today."

"I only want to care about now, not then." I tell him.

"Logan... do you still like me." He asks me.

"That's a stupid question." I tell him.

"Oh, I just-"

I cut him off,"I'd love you till the day I die, and I thought that was obvious."

He looks at me,"Man, I'm more in love with you than ever."

"Good." I say, smiling at his response. I lean in and kiss him, he puts a hand behind my head ans holds my hand with the other.

I miss him so much, and to have him with me makes me feel amazing. I'm not sure I care about what he did anymore, I've been through so much and I've changed so much. I just want to follow my heart now, because it feels great so far.