Chapter 8: "I'm So Sorry."

Ryan-

It was dark out, the rain didn't help my cab's driving either.

"Hard time forgetting, even harder forgivin'." I sang softly, the song was on and it was pretty catchy. I could see the lights of my neighborhood twinkling in the distance.

I got a call, so I answered it.

"Hey, it's Aleah." My friend, Aleah, said.

"Obviously, I can see who calls me." I point out.

"Woah, ok wise guy you don't need to get all sarcastic. I was just checking up on your status." She tells me. I chuckle softly at her tone.

"Status?" I ask her, trying to sound like I had no idea what she was talking about. There was a huge smile on my face as there always is one whenever I mess with her.

"Mood, mental state, you know that stuff." She says.

"The weather represents my mood perfectly." I tell her.

"C'mon, you know you're fine." She tells me.

"I love him. I honestly do, you don't know how much I do." I tell her, my enthusiasm gone as my mind wanders to the subject of Logan Ferley.

~

Aleah

~

I can hear Ryan's change in attitude, well not really because that's impossible but I did sense it.

"So where are you?" I ask him, changing the subject. I want Ryan to feel good about himself again, and he's not allowing himself to. I don't think what he did was good, but I don't think he should kill himself for it.

"On that long road that leads to our neighborhood. I decided to call a cab, my parents were going to be there for a while and I wanted to go home." I hear him say, I nod my head imagining the strip of road he was on.

I hear an odd sound, like brakes suddenly turning on. And then, the screeching sound of metal scraping against metal. It reminded me of the time there was a car wreck in front of me…

"Ryan?!" I say frantically, a horrible thought creeping into my mind. I got off my bed, it felt wrong to lay down if what I think happened did happen.

There was no sound on the other end.

"RYAN?!" I yell again, but with way more panic and realization. I put my sweater on and my shoes. I hung up on Ryan and dialed three numbers.

"Hello, this is 911 what is your emergency?" a calm male voice asked. I put the phone between my shoulder and ear and ran down my stairs and grabbed my parents' keys. I knew how to drive, but I didn't have a license. In this case, I didn't care.

"My friend got in a car accident!" I yelled, my voice faltering as the worst came to mind. He could be dead, oh God please no…

"Where?" he asked.

I snapped my finger, trying to remember the name of the road,"Skylark Road!"

"We'll send an ambulance immediately." He says before I hang up, I don't know if I should have but I need to get there. I open my door and unlock the car. I start it and recklessly pull out of the driveway. I'm coming Ryan, just hold on!

I quickly drive towards Skylark road. After a minute, a see a fire and a car flipped over on the side of the road. This is way worse than I thought. I can see the Ambulance, Police, and Fire truck heading to the car. At this rate, I'll be there first.

I pull over to the side of the road and get out of the car. I run to the passenger side of the cab and see Ryan. His phone layed on the floor next to the car. Its screen is cracked and all you can see is his contact picture of me with a split down the middle of my face.