Chapter 2: Emotions

Logan-

I've been in love before, each time different than the last. I remember the last time I was in love, but how can I forget? It's imprinted in my mind, burned into my every thought. I remember whenever his skin would graze mine, I'd give anything to live in that moment.

I remember staying up all night trying to decide if he liked me or not. I hated it, but I loved it at the same time. He made me feel like a little kid. I craved his companionship at all times, but whenever we were around each other it took immense self-control not to jump on him and start kissing him. Every smile I shed because of him was genuine and every laugh caused by him felt like a drug.

When I found out how he felt about me, my heart did cartwheels. Our first kiss was like fireworks. It's funny because our first kiss was on the 4th of July and there probably were fireworks exploding in the night sky around us. I remember pulling away, and the look of sadness he had on his face. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me he never wanted that kiss to end. I must've blushed like crazy, but if I did he never said anything.

I was snapped out of my memories when my doorbell rang. I jumped off the couch and opened the door.

"Hey, there's a party nearby and I was going to it. Do you wanna go with me?" Ryan asks as he stands at the door.

"Oh, sure. But first, I need to leave a note for my mom. I'd call her, but she's on a date." I say while I walk to the kitchen.

"Can I come in?"Ryan asks.

"Wow, what a gentleman." I tease, "Yeah, go ahead."

I finish the note before I walk to the living room, where Ryan is. His back is to me and he's looking at something in his hands. I walk closer and see him examining a picture of me and my ex during the 4th of July. In the picture, we're kissing each other as some fireworks go off behind us.

I snatched the picture out of his hands and put it back on the stand where it belonged.

"Nosey." I tell him, like he's a little kid.

"Sorry." He says looking down.

I chuckle," It's fine, I'm not mad or anything."

We start to walk out when Ryan asks me something. "Was he your boyfriend?"

I stop for a split second, before I keep on walking. It happened so fast he probably didn't even notice.

"Yes," I swallow," why?"

"Oh, just asking." He replies. Why would he care?

It takes us about 15 minutes to talk to the house and when Ryan said party, I thought he meant full out party with drinking and craziness. But, to my surprise, it was more like a group hangout. I had to admit I felt a bit out of place. These were the popular kids, and I was a geek, a nerd, a loser. Luckily, they were being nice and tried to make me feel welcome, but I knew they didn't really like me.

We were there for about an hour when the sun began to go down. Ryan left to the restroom and I sat alone while the others talked about various subjects. I looked down on the floor, I'd barely spoken any words since me and Ryan arrived.

"Hey, you're pretty quiet." A boy named Kain said as he sat next to me. Kain wasn't a popular kid because he was the talk of the school, he was popular because he was a genuinely cool person. He was pretty smart too, his twin sister was more of the athletic one. He started school a year early so he was younger than most people my grade.

"Yeah, I don't really know these people." I replied, looking up at him. He was beautiful, I remember having a crush on him when I was smaller. Of course, it was an innocent crush you get when you think someone is cute.