Chapter 29 - You're still my favourite purrson

Start from the beginning

"Lies", she whispered in his ear, giving him goosebumps.

"Don't do that", Oliver protested, tickling her sides, causing Erin to back away immediately.

"No, no tickles", she warned.

"Hmm, you really don't like that, do you?" Oliver smirked, reaching out again.

"No, Oliver, stop it!" Erin laughed, taking a couple steps back, but immediately being pulled back. Why was she so tiny compared to him?

"I feel like we should come back another time." Erin looked up surprised at the unfamiliar voices, Oliver's hands still around her waist. Katie and Angelina were standing just a couple yards away, so Erin quickly stood up straight and dusted off her robes. She had never properly met Oliver's friends and she had not prepared for this. They had played quidditch against each other and Erin disliked Angelina just a little bit because she blocked her Hawkshead Spiral Dive shot during their match, but that was about it.

"It's fine", Oliver chuckled. "Erin, this is Katie and Angelina. Girls, this is Erin."

"Hi", Erin said awkwardly, not sure if she was supposed to shake hands, give them a hug or do nothing at all. Life of a socially awkward person was difficult.

"Hi Erin, nice to meet you. Wood has told us loads about you already", Katie said. Oliver had talked about her? She couldn't help but blush when hearing that.

"All good things, I hope?" Erin looked up, eyebrows raised.

"Please, he couldn't talk bad about you even if he tried", Angelina chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, let's save the embarrassment for another time", Oliver said. "Where are the twins at?"

"No clue", Angelina shrugged. "Probably off with Lee blowing up the composting tank again."

"They would get along great with your friend", Oliver said. The twins and Beatrice would definitely get along. They both had a knack for mischief.

"Ah, you're friends with Beatrice Haywood right", Katie asked, to which Erin nodded. "Is she dating that Ravenclaw? I saw them together the other day."

"You mean Meredith? Yes, they've been together for about a week or two", Erin said. She severely hoped Oliver's friends were not judgmental humans. Beatrice and Meredith had gotten their fair share of rude remarks already. Both were not exactly afraid to snap back, so no one dared to make a second comment, but they shouldn't have to defend themselves. Love is love and people who had a problem with that were simply annoying, narrow-minded gits.

"I love that, they're adorable", Angelina smiled. Erin sighed relieved.

"They are."

Erin hated to interrupt her first meeting with Oliver's friends, but it was almost noon. Luckily, Oliver noticed her checking her watch and relieved her from the awkward moment.

"Well ladies," he said, "we have to get going, but I'll bring Erin 'round when the twins are here too." he said.

"It was very nice meeting you!" Erin shouted quickly before following Oliver inside. She was not looking forward to this, but she did feel a weird kind of excitement. Now that the dreaded moment was nearing, she got a little curious. Who could possibly have a crush on her?

"You sure we have to go?" Oliver complained as they walked up the moving staircases.

"Yes, come on Captain. Let's get this over with." She dragged him with her, ready to finally meet this mystery person.

"You stay here, okay? I'll be out in a bit", Erin said, leaving Oliver at the bottom of the stairs of the Astronomy Tower.

"Don't stay out too long", Oliver grinned, giving her one last kiss. He was worried even though he knew he didn't have to be. He just wanted to know who this mystery person was. Erin disappeared out of sight though, so all he could do was wait.

Erin's nerves started to resurface again as she walked up the stairs of the Astronomy Tower. Last time she came here was for Oliver's Astronomy tutoring session.

Her hand rested on the door handle for a while. She was a little scared of what was on the other side of the wall. What if it was someone from her quidditch team? That would be incredibly awkward. Or what if it was someone she hated, like Marcus Flint? No, Marcus would never do something like that. And what if it was a first-year? That would be slightly problematic too.

Erin knew she just had to enter before her doubts took the upper hand. So after taking a last shaky breath, she pushed the handle down and opened the door.

The person she saw on the other side was someone she had not expected at all.