Chapter 4 - Why does he have to be so goddamn hot?

Madame Hooch started practice, letting everyone be Keeper for a while so Jonathan could ease into his first training. They trained for nearly three hours, but it seemed to fly by in about two minutes.

"Madame Hooch, can I stay a little longer? I want to practice a new move", Erin asked afterwards. Madame Hooch looked at her watch and shrugged.

"Gryffindor has practice in an hour, but you can use the field until then", she said. Erin smiled brightly and mounted her broom again, not wanting to waste any time. She secured a net on the goal posts so she wouldn't have to go find her Quaffle after every shot and resecured her gloves. The Finbourgh Flick was a nasty move where you pretty much use your broom as a tennis racket to smash the Quaffle through one of the hoops, but Erin had been so impressed ever since she saw a Chaser from the Hongarian team do it that she had to teach herself.

She should have kept track of the time, but she hadn't. She was so lost in practicing her flick and her Hawkshead Spiral Dive that she hadn't noticed him coming onto the field.

"Well that seems like an interesting move." Erin almost fell off her broom in shock, not prepared to be ripped out of her concentration like that.

She turned around to be faced by Oliver Wood for the millionth time that week. Why did their paths cross so often lately? Erin flew back down and landed in front of the lad, panicking slightly. Oliver had seen her surprise move. Oliver Wood, captain of an opposing team already knew about her surprise move, so all of her practice had been for nothing.

"Spying on me now?" she said annoyed. She kept cursing at herself internally. He saw her surprise move, the one that would definitely score them a goal or two next match.

"Wasn't planning to, but we have practice in half an hour and I was a little early. A Hawkshead Spiral Dive? I wasn't expecting that", he said.

"Well you will now, right?" Erin crossed her arms, still looking annoyed. This guy just had to ruin it for her. He on the other hand analysed the girl, trying to figure out what her deal was.

"Who says I'm telling the team about it?" Erin rolled her eyes.

"You're Oliver Wood, you'd get one of your teammates killed to secure a win", she snapped. Oliver's look hardened for a split second and Erin realised what she had said was not okay. Oliver was determined, maybe a little too determined, but he cared more for his team mates than any other captain.

"I'm sorry", she said with a sigh. She rubbed her face and tried to get rid of her bitchy attitude. It was not his fault she had been so careless. "I just practiced really hard on it and wanted it to be a success. I should've checked the time." She sat down in the grass. All energy she had just a couple of minutes ago had left her body, leaving her feeling only disappointment.

"I promise I won't tell them", Oliver said, confusing Erin. Why would he do that? He had a definite advantage here.

"What? Really?" she asked.

"Of course. As horrible of a person you think I am, I know how hard it is to master a new move. I won't tell them." He sat down too and Erin tried to find any trace of dubiousness, but he seemed genuine. He was just being nice and Erin certainly wasn't.

"I don't think you're a horrible person", she said, forcing a smile. It was still weird to have a normal conversation with him. Every time she looked at him, she remembered that same line. What? No, of course not. You're joking, right? That made it rather difficult for her to like him. But he didn't even seem to remember it so what was the point in being angry about it? Moreover, her little brother was having his try-outsoon and she didn't want to be the cause of a turn-down.