FORTY

Taehyung knows that it won't help him if he goes crazy now, so he starts to think what's the best to do. He takes his phone and decides to call his boyfriend.

Maybe everything's alright and Jeongguk has only forgotten about the time. The problem is that Taehyung's so troubled because of this nightmare. And the fact that his boyfriend hasn't returned home by now and didn't even call him worries him a lot.

Taehyung listens to the familiar beeping until it jumps over to the voicemail. And this really doesn't help to ease the elder's nerves.

Taehyung feels how the fear starts creep up again, making his stomach churn in worry and anxiety.

He gets up from bed with shaky legs and makes his way over to the kitchen to drink a bit of water. Taehyung knows that he needs to do something now or he'll go crazy.

Taehyung feels like he could cry right there. The images of his dream are still so fresh and he can't put in words how much he's scared that it could become reality.

Jeongguk, Jeongguk, Jeongguk. That's the only thing he can think about.

The male closes his eyes and imagines the younger walking inside, smiling at him and kissing him and everything's okay.

But when he opens them again he only sees the darkness of the room as he didn't think about switching on the light, his mind too focused on the younger.

Completely restless, Taehyung reaches for his phone, calling the younger a second time and again - nothing.

Taehyung throws the phone roughly onto the table, not even caring a bit if it could break. He wouldn't mind. He just wants Jeongguk.

With a sigh Taehyung burries his head in his hands in pure distress, getting more worried with every passing minute.

He feels new tears forming in his eyes, softly rolling down his cheeks. Faster and faster until he's full on crying. Loud sobs shake the male's body as he's letting out everything.

Taehyung's head is a complete mess. There's his girlfriend and pictures of the dream. Everything is mixed-up. All these terrible moments are messing with the poor man's head.

Jeongguk. Jeongguk. Jeongguk.

Taehyung would give everything for him to be here now. Everything.

"No no no no no" Taehyung whispers as he yanks his hear with both his hands.

Somewhere, in the depth of his mind he realizes that he's far from being as fine as thought he is. He's having a breakdown because his boyfriend hasn't returned home in time.

He can't really differ if this is a reason to freak out completely or not, he only knows that he feels like he can't do this anymore.

If something happened to Jeongguk, Taehyung can't say what he would do. He'll lose his mind. He can't endure this again.

Not Jeongguk. Not his baby. His love. His everything.

Taehyung starts shaking uncontrollably, he can't feel his legs anymore as his whole body feels numb. The male only senses the pain, the pain and the endless fear of losing the person that's more than important to him.

His breath hitches, causing Taehyung to choke on his sobs. The male feels like he's lost the ability to breath as he can't grasp enough air anymore.

Taehyung sinks down onto the floor, back leaning against the wall behind himself. He's shaking and sobbing like crazy, he's lost the control over his body.

And then, there's a sound outside the door. Taehyung doesn't even register it as he's full on crying.

"Love, wh-what is happening here? Oh my god Taehyung why a-are you crying? Oh god!" Jeongguk panics as he hurries over to his shaking and sobbing boyfriend.

The older male seems to snap out of his daze, turning his head to look at the source of the sound. Jeongguk sinks down in front of him, taking ahold of the other's face with both his hands.

Taehyung squints his eyes as he's having a hard time recognizing the person in front of him.

"J-J-Jeonggukie?"

His voice is barely about a whisper, sounding so weak and lost. "You-" he's interrupted by a sob, "you're here?"

Jeongguk nods frantically. "Of course I'm here sweetheart, of course I am."

Taehyung throws himself onto his boyfriend, hugging him tightly like he's afraid the younger could disappear any moment.

"I thought you- I thought that-" Taehyung tries to talk but he's shaken up by his sobs.

And Jeongguk doesn't know what's happened but he's aware of the fact that Taehyung must have been scared to death, judging by his current state.

Even though Jeongguk burns to know what's the matter, he decides on giving his boyfriend time to calm down.

"Shh I'm here and I'm not leaving okay?" He softly rubs Taehyung's back, letting the other hug him for as long as he needs to.

He still feels the shaking of the elder's body, less then earlier but still evident. Soft sobs are escaping the man's lips from time to time.

Taehyung buries his face in the crook of the younger's neck, taking in this scent that he longed for so much.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" At first Jeongguk thinks that Taehyung hasn't heard him but then he feels a small nod against his neck.

Taehyung pulls back, still sniffling. Jeongguk's heart clenches at the other's reddened nose and puffy eyes. He's never seen his boyfriend like this before.

"It's okay I'm here." Jeongguk assures and wipes away the tears that still run down the elder's already wet cheeks. "Take your time, we have all the time."

Taehyung reaches out for Jeongguk's hand, his own shaking so much that it only causes Jeongguk's worries to grow.

"I've had a dream." he finally starts, voice clogged. "You had an accident. I drove to the hospital and they told me that- it was just like-"

Taehyung takes a shaky breath, trying his hardest not to break down again. "They told me you died." he finishes and as he looks up, right into Jeongguk's eyes, the younger feels his heart stop.

Taehyung's eyes are so empty, completely void of any emotion.

"And then I woke up and you weren't here." he continues, voice getting more monotone from second to second. "It was so late and I really thought that this dream becomes reality. I couldn't endure all of this one more time."

"Is this what relationships are?" Jeongguk flinches at his boyfriend's words, sensing in which direction this is going. "Pain and misery. I can't do this- I-"

"Hey hey hey. Don't say something you might regret. You don't have to go through all of this ever again okay? I'm here and I'm fine and I won't go anywhere. And I love you and you love me. We have a beautiful son, a wonderful house and a perfect relationship, Taehyung you know that, don't you?"

Jeongguk tries to get to the elder, he really does. He feels his own tears welling up in his eyes. He feels thrown back in time where Taehyung didn't want anything to do with him. But this is over. This isn't his Taehyung that's talking.

He's not in his right state right now.

"Tae please, I love you." And this seems to snap Taehyung out of his daze. He looks up at his boyfriend, his eyes now full with emotions.

But those aren't the ones that Jeongguk has expected, rather hoped for.

Anger and hurt. That's what's displayed in the elder's eyes.