twelve

paige

I feel a patch of sunlight on my face, waking me up from my coma like sleep. I can't honestly remember the last time I slept that well. I felt a weight resting on the top of my chest and hair tickling my nose. My eyes flutter open, slowly adjusting to the light pouring in from the floor to ceiling windows. I look down to the weight that is keeping me pinned down to the mattress beneath me.

I was laying on my back with a curly headed man laying on his stomach with his head on my chest, his body tucked into my arm that was wrapped around him. I let out a quiet breathy laugh finding it slightly amusing how we feel asleep in the opposite position. He was the one holding me as my mind cared me off into a state of peaceful dreams, and now as morning came around, I was the one holding him. His one leg tangled with mine under the sheet, and his arm draped over my stomach holding my hip like he was scared I would just disappear.

He looked peaceful. There was no sign of stress or worry etched into his features. Just calmness. His eyelashes gently shut, his breathing calm and steady.

I reach my hand down to push the one loose strand of hair that had fallen from its place on top of his head. He shifted very slightly, but luckily didn't wake up. I wanted him to get as much sleep as possible because I knew he had a flight later today down to Florida. I knew he must be tired from constantly going and going.

I gently play with the hair on top of his head, running my fingers through his soft locks. I look out the window for a bit, while repeating my motions just enjoying the moment. I stop my movements for a moment to lean over and look at my phone on the bedside table to check the time when I hear a groan.

"Why'd you stop."

Harry slowly picks his head up to look at me. Green eyes meeting hazel. He had that sleepy look in his eyes as he fluttered his lids slowly open. I smile softly, brushing my knuckles against his cheek.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you," I say.

"No it felt good. Keep doing it."

I thread my fingers in his hair and his eyes close, giving me a content grin. I laugh softly as his head drops down to the position it was in before.

"I usually hate it when people touch my hair, but it feels nice when you do it. It's very relaxing," he says, his voice laced with sleep.

His thumb finds its way under my-- well his t-shirt and rubs circles on the exposed skin of my hip, while my fingers stay threaded in his hair. We stay like this for a while before I finally decide we should get up.

"It's almost 11," I say.

Harry groans and buries his head into the crook of my neck.

"Noooo. I just want to stay here all day. I don't want to move. I don't want to get on a plane. I wanna stay here under the blankets. With you," he says slightly muffled by my skin.

I chuckle softly.

"As much I would love that I'm afraid we can't do that babe. You have to go be a rockstar and I have school and friends to see."

He groans again. I feel his lips start to press onto my neck and I shiver. His hand pushes up my already bunched shirt and grabs my hip.