twenty five

november 9th, 2021

paige

I am woken up by the obnoxious blaring of my alarm.

I have recently come to absolutely despise my alarm clock.

Yes it was the sign that I had to get out of bed and go to class, but now it also meant that I had to untangle myself from the warm arms that encircle me and keep me warm and safe. It meant that I had to leave the comfort of Harry's bed and the comfort that he gave me.

I quickly try and silence the ringing in hopes that it didn't wake Harry up. He has been exhausted recently, so I have been trying to be as quiet as I can when waking up for my classes at school.

Sometimes he was able to sleep through and sleep in.

Other times he wakes up and follows me around while I get ready, trying to distract me with wandering hands and kisses.

I roll over in his arms to thankfully see his eyes still peacefully shut, his lips slightly parted, and his hair an utter mess of curls. I smile to myself and brush one of the loose strands back out of his face before I detach myself as smoothly as possible from his embrace and walk over to my bag of stuff in the corner.

I grab a pair of jeans and a cardigan and then walk over to Harry's closet. I don't know why but I just really didn't want to leave him today. I mean I didn't want to leave on any day but today I was just really not having it. But I had to go to class today.

I only had one class and it was my song composition class. Today was the day that we had to share our songs with the class. I mean most people had already heard it but I was still scared. I had gotten a few messages on Instagram and Snapchat complimenting it and asking some questions and the fact that Harry and I had been seen together was a well known fact at my school at this point. I hope it goes well and gets a decent grade on it. Once this class was finished I was on break.

I was almost there.

Harry and I would finish packing our stuff tonight and then wake up tomorrow morning to head back home.

I couldn't wait.

I was so excited to take him back to my home and show him around and introduce him to my mom. I wanted to take him to the crepe place I went to with my friends, and to the meadows where if you followed a trail you could find a small creek with a little log that you could sit on that I used to go to to read. I wanted to show him the place that helped me become who I am. I'm hopeful that because it was a small town, we wouldn't be spotted super quickly but who knows. We are going to try and keep a pretty low profile.

I grab one of Harry's button up shirts and walk into the bathroom to get ready.

I brush out my hair and throw it into a messy knot on the top of my head and pull out the short pieces in the front to frame my face. I loosen it in the back and reach over to the small bag of a few cosmetics on the counter. I apply a small bit of concealer to my undereyes and powder my face. I then fill in a few spots in my eyebrows and run a wand of wax to keep the hairs in place, moving on to curl my lashes, applying primer and then the black substance to elongate and bolden. I swipe my red tinted cherry lips gloss on my lips and insert a small pair of earring through the holes that had been punctured into my lobes in the third grade. I brush my teeth and apply perfume and deodorant.

I grab the hem of my shirt and tear it over my head, tossing it into the hamper on the side of the room and repeat the action with the short. Pulling up a fresh pair of underwear and slipping my black lace bralette on, I slide on Harry's button up leaving the top buttons undone, shimmy into my jeans, and throw on my cardigan. I take one last glance in the mirror before quietly tiptoeing out the bathroom door to the bedroom.