Chapter 9 - The Invitation

Start from the beginning

"That's right." Kaidou nods his head.

"Okay cool. Anyways, it's going to be on Halloween, October 31st, so you guys should totally come with us! I think it's gonna be Me, Shun, hopefully Saiki, Nendou..." Kuboyasu stares into space trying to think.

"Hairo, Teruhashi??" Kaidou adds on.

"There's no way Teruhashi is coming to your party." Toritsuka laughs. "She barely even talks to you. And doesn't she have a thing for Saiki?"

"What?" Kuboyasu says shocked.

Saiki appears down the street.

"Good grief. Don't start rumors." Saiki says and glares at Toritsuka. I imagine he's saying something telepathically to him because Toritsuka's shaking and sweating.

"Saiki!" Kaidou waves. "We were just going to invite you to my Halloween party! It's October 31st. If you could come that would be awesome!"

"Yeah you need to come Saiki! You always increase the mood bro!" Kuboyasu agrees.

"Good grief." Saiki says again.

That guy is so hard to read. Wait can't he hear my thoughts? Either way he always seems so distant. I wonder why that is. Something to do with being a psychic?

Toritsuka nudged me and I got the idea.

"Well I have to head home but we'll definitely come your party Kaidou! See you guys at school tomorrow." I wave goodbye and Toritsuka and I make our way back to my house.

We're a few yards from my house and Toritsuka hasn't said anything since the encounter.

"What's up?" I ask concerned. "Saiki couldn't have threatened you that badly right?"

"What? No." Toritsuka says. "I just don't like the way that purple-haired punk smiles at you."

"So you're jealous?" I reply.

"Yeah I am." Toritsuka says obviously bothered.

"Toritsuka." I say and stop walking.

He stops too and looks at me.

"You're my boyfriend. How could I even think about anyone else? I think of Kuboyasu as a friend. Just like I think of Kaidou and Saiki as friends. Nothing more." I explain. "And even if I did have feelings for him, there is some weird tension between him and Kaidou. I almost think that guarantees his lack of disinterest of me.. In that way.." 

"Wait seriously?" Toritsuka asks.

"Seriously what?" I ask back.

"Do you think he has a thing for chihuahua boy?" He laughs.

"Chihuahua boy?" I question.

"His guardian spirit is a chihuahua." Toritsuka explains.

"Ah okay. That's actually kind of adorable." I laugh.

Toritsuka gives me a glare.

"I was going to say that you were the most adorable but not with that gross look on your face." I tease.

He playfully pouts but wraps his arm around me and we continue to walk to my place. Once we reach the entrance we share a kiss and he watches me get to the door.

"I love you Reita." I announce before I go in.

"I love y-" He stops himself and stares at me with a huge grin on his face.

I finally had the courage to call him by his first name.

POV: Toritsuka

I couldn't sleep last night. I couldn't stop thinking about how y/n called me Reita. It was so unexpected and adorable. I just kept replaying the memory in my head.