32: His Name is Tumelo 🗳

Start from the beginning

"We broke up on a bad note so she can be a bit mean, if she sees us I'm sure she's going to come over" he said giving me a little harder push as I went higher.

Just like he said, a girl who looked to be in my age group walked over to us.
She was wearing a black miniskirt and a crop top with sneakers.

Tumelo had now stopped pushing me and the swings was slowly coming to a stop.

"It hasn't even been two years Tumelo. Two. You've moved on already?" She asked as she went right pass me and stood in front of him.

Tumelo looked at the ground in shame.

"What do you want me to do Lerato? Why can't we make peace right now, at this moment."

"Peace? ha ke batle khotso. Especially with you." She said as she clicked her tongue.

"Lerato please, let's not do this here."

"You're disaapointed in yourself that's why. You should be. Ha o na dihlong"

She then clicked her tongue and walked away. I didn't want to ask any questions so I zipped my mouth and looked at my feet.

"YOU BETTER RUN GIRLIE! ASK YOUR BOYFRIEND HOW HE KILLED OUR SON!" She said from a great distance.

I turned back and looked at Tumelo who had tears in his eyes.

"Tumelo is this true?" I asked as I stood up from the seat as if it was on fire. I slowly backed away and he kept on coming forward.

"Please Ada give me a chance to explain" he begged with tears falling down his face.

"Tumelo. What the hell? I thought you were a good guy" I said.

"Please Ada. You didn't even listen to me."

"I don't want to hear it. Take me back home." I said. I walked ahead of him and waited for him next to the car. When he finally arrived, he tried to come next to me but I raised a finger signalling him to stop talking.

We got inside the car and he reached for the stereo trying to turn it down so he can talk but I slapped his hand away.

"If you say a single word Tumelo I will jump out of this car. I don't even want to look at you right now" I said turning up the stereo until it reached the maximum volume.

When we arrived at Siyanda's house I slammed the car door and entered the house. I didn't even check to see if he was still there.

When I got inside the house, I took off my trainers and left them in front of the welcome mat.

I passed Thando in the dining room and went to Siyanda's room.

When I walked into her room, everything was a mess. She had ripped the pink teddy bear apart. All of the posters on her wall had been taken down and it looked like she had pushed off all of things on her dressing table to the ground. There was glass everywhere.

How did Thando not hear this

She was on the bed, sleeping. I peeled the covers off the bed and looked at her. She was a mess. I decided to wake her up

She slowly opened her eyes and rubbed the sleep off them.

"Siphokazi" She said, followed by a yawn.

"Siphokazi he lied to us" She said sitting up as if realisation striked. You could tell that she was crying because her eyes were red and she had huge eyebags.

"I know. It's not your fault" I said joining her under the covers.

"You know, he said that you guys were not dating. He said you freed him" she said.

"I know, that's what they all say" I said brush her hair. She laid her head on my lap.

"I have bad luck in the male species Siphokazi. Why did he have to lead me in for six full months. I even introduced him to my parents but I know nothing about him. I don't even know where he lives. He doesn't talk about his family.

He doesn't even like being seen in public with me. He doesn't do anything special for me, I always initiate the conversations, the dates, everything" she started ranting.

"I didn't see the signs. Was he like this with you too?" She asked.

Well I won't complain a lot, I know his whole family in fact. And about the dates, we've shared some of the best dates in my life. I don't think I relate to any of the things she's saying

"Yes" I lied as I continued brushing her hair.

"He must be like that with everyone he gets close to. I hate him Ada"

"Calm down Siyanda. Let's just have a boy drama-free day, okay?" I suggested

"That's cool with me. We'll stay in bed for the rest of the day and stuff our faces with ice cream and watch Netflix series"

I walked towards my bag and took out some sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. I took off my weave and I was left with my afro.

I wore my comfy clothes and went back to the bed. Siyanda took her laptop and placed it on her lap. We watched 'Never Have I ever' until we both fell asleep.

■■■■

My alarm rang at 04:00. I quickly switched it off before it woke Siyanda up. She was not a light sleeper though.

I took a shower and wore a yellow hoodie and sweatpants with my Vans.

I requested for an Uber to the airport while I grabbed a fruit in the fridge.

Yesterday, I booked the earliest flight to Durban. I had enough of the City of Gold. I can't wait to go back to my baby and my family.

Yes, I did need that break but it seems like it brought more trouble in my life. I blocked Tumelo's number from my phone.

I took one last look at this house as I entered the Uber.

Durban, here I come.
Goodbye Pretoria.

***

Thats it for Chapter 32. And Tumelo mahn😣😣...breaking my heart💔 New characters added under "CAST"