48. All Choked Up

Start from the beginning

"Pursuing this is going to get you in more danger, but it's highly unlikely you'll let me take the lead on this one." He says to me, looking into my eyes, I lean forward, keeping my eyebrow raised.

"Really? You can seduce Mason into showing you who's on the Board of Trustees, I'll see if Jewel still has the courage to tell me more on what she knows, Marvin and Lorraine will focus on what's happening in Chicago, whilst keeping on eye on those in New York. Edmund, I believe we'll have to take you dress shopping in order to play the part with Mason." I say to him, sarcastically.

Marvin chuckles.

"There's only one person I'm trying to seduce."

Marvin chokes.

I close my eyes, dropping my back on the chair, "Bloody tyrant." I mutter under my breath. He slows in his movements against my right foot, still with a serious look on his pale face. I look at the depth of his eyes, the slants in his cheekbones, they looked even more prominent than before.

Marvin leads Lorraine towards the back, one of the rooms, "We're getting some shut eye." He says to me, Lorraine giggles, I roll my eyes, they certainly were not getting any shut-eye this evening.

I turn towards Edmund, who's waiting for my reply, "If you're seducing me-you're doing a terrible job at it, besides, I am not in the mood for that, I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work, Edmund. It's why we didn't tell any of your friends that we were leaving in the first place." I say to him, removing my foot from his hands and picking up my shoe as I step out of the couch chair and move towards the long couch, lying down. I remove my shoes, crossing my legs as I stare up.

I'm lifted up and placed on his lap, my back leaning on a mountain of fluffy pillows, "Melanie, you need five minutes to just breathe."

I wrack my hands through my hair, "I breathe in my stresses, Edmund." I mutter, still looking up at the ceiling of the jet. Before hearing a squeal from the other room and Marvin's laughter. I groan as I block my ears, "You have got to be kidding me." I say.

Edmund picks me up bridal style and unsurprisingly leads me to the other room, my one specifically, he closes the door once placing me on the mattress, I sit up, rubbing my temples, "How do we do this? First, I'll talk to Jewel first and see if there's anything else she'll tell me." I say to myself, standing as I pace.

He sits on the bed, removing his shoes, "Do you really think she'll tell you anything else? Last we checked, she was shot in the stomach, most likely by someone in the Matrix, or someone hired by the Matrix." He says to me, lying back and closing his eyes after removing his jacket and unbuttoning a few buttons on his shirt.

I furrow my eyebrows, "But, they'd have to know she was going to speak to me." I whisper.

He holds my eyes, "Or, someone was afraid of what she may have, or still might be able to tell you." He offers in suggestion, silver meets amethyst. I shake out my hair, grumbling under my breath as I move towards my mirror, removing my longer earrings as a warm, heated body presses against my back. I stare at my jewellery box as he draws a line down the mid-line of my forehead with his finger.

"This is new." He whispers, the vein popping out of my head.

I roll my eyes, leaning on the cabinet, he rubs my arm calmly, "I've missed this." He whispers against my temple.

"Me; being angry?" I mutter.

He leans his chin on my head, "Lemon...us." He breathes out, calmly. I look up at him in the mirror, his reflection is as spotless as it always is. His masculine frame moves closer, I could feel where he tucked in his shirt, the framed muscles that he could never once hide.