44. The More Reliable

CHAPTER 44: The More Reliable

The Creed mansion was eccentrically dark, red and black like an official horror house above, with the devil statues and demonic fountain in the middle stone entrance, I step out of the SUV passenger side door, staring up at the architecture of the cold-looking mansion, snow on the roof and iced windows frozen against the light wind. Edmund grabs my bag, silently moving past me and forward as one of the furry-coated guards open the doors, allowing him inside. Sampson gestures me in first when he lends me a hand up the steps and inside the equally dark interior. My eyes widen at the large boulders, Edmund speaks to one of the maids, whom I assume is taking my luggage to a room somewhere in this place.

I stare at the never ending set of stairs, this place was far bigger than I imagined, considering I could see five levels of stair cases in front of me, lined with red carpet and black floral railings, there looked to be a large lounge behind this levels' set of stairs, with a fountain inside the room.

Edmund observes me like one of his sculptures, carefully, with a mental, transparent caress as he steps around me and helps me to remove my red fur coat, I mindlessly allow it as I look towards the set of doors and photo frames of interesting landscapes. A maid must have taken our coats, as Edmund steps up next to me, "It's dark, but it's mine." He says to me. Lorraine gasps at the sight behind me.

My lips part ever so slightly as I study the structure of the room, it was magnificent and very traditional. I thought the exterior was rare, and beautiful in it's own dark way, but this was quite different, there was a grand chandelier above, the crystals glistened with a ruby in the middle, I blink three times, I was breathless.

"Lemon?"

I take slow steps forward, looking around the large walls that lead to an even more grand ceiling, there were desks and chairs lining the traditionalised walls, the brown mixing in with black and red. Ceilings that arched like the bottom of ships, a heated hand touches my cold fingers, I don't bother looking at Edmund as I eye the paintings, an arm snakes around my waist, "I take it you like it?" He asks me, breathlessly.

I slap his hand off my hip, he begrudgingly moves it as he gestures to the stairs, "Would you like me to show you your room?" He asks me, I sigh in defeat, he holds his arm out to me, being a gentleman. I silently curl mine around his, as he leads us up the steps, I glance over, to see the others being shown by the numerous amount of maids. We got up to the fourth floor, where Edmund leads me down a low lit hallway.

It's silent as he opens two doors, revealing a room stilled with dark colours, but royal colours. The large mattress was lined with midnight blue silk and golden pillow cases, with midnight drapes along the two poles, my luggage was already placed in the room. Edmund steps inside, closing the doors behind us. I look around the room, "The mansion is a lot bigger than you described." I murmur, turning towards the terrace, wishing I open the sliding window masked with florally-designed railing.

Edmund flicks on the two bedside lights, he straightens the pillows, "You've already seen it." He mutters, I glance over my shoulder, meeting his silver orb eyes for just a moment, before he turns towards my luggage and places it on the mattress. I turn towards it, wishing he hadn't opened it when he freezes at what he sees.

I purse my lips and whack my hand onto the luggage, it drops back to a close, "Probably best if you let me unpack." I murmur, sliding in between him and the luggage his eyes darken exponentially, even with me in front of him, he lifts the lid of the suitcase and pulls out what made him freeze in time. It was a dark red, transparent silk chemise with thin ruby red straps and a low neckline. It was short, greatly short.

Bloody Lorraine.

Edmund tightens his jaw, to the point where it clicks as he silently moves it in front of my eyes and holds it up, "What. Is. This?" He asks through clenched teeth, by transparent, I meant the fabric was completely see-through and didn't leave much to the imagination.