She walked down the hallway, her pace casual, unhurried as if she were walking in her own home on her way to tea rather than a bloody hellhole.

Along the way she was attacked several times. They never got near her, striking uselessly in the air as they were caught in her magic again and again. One man brushed passed her, and slumped with shock as she restricted his magic. He had time to scream in fear before dying under the confused attacks from his fellow guards.

The building was burning around her, the heat singing her hair as she passed by.

Elsinore passed by the bodies, the carnage, the destruction of her captors, and she quietly began to laugh.

"Sister..." The illusion of Sophia tried to reach out, but Elsinore could no longer hear her as her laughter grew louder and louder.

She walked out of the door, turning briefly to enjoy the sight of the government building that had been her prison going up in flames.

The fire burned brightly against the quickly darkening sky, the smoke filling the area. Elsinore watched it with fascination, unsure if it were truly burning or not. The guards had fired multiple blasts of flames, it was possible that one of them had begun it accidentally, destroying her former prison. But it could still be her illusion magic, Elsinore simply wasn't sure.

Not that it mattered either way.

Beyond the crackle of the flames there were no other sounds, everyone else beside Elsinore was dead. She leaned her head back, taking a deep breath to calm herself as her laughter died out.

"Roderick... I'm coming for you."

Finally he would pay for his sins.

Only then would she truly be free.

_____________________

Olivia and Frederick sat in the front car of the magical transport, each enjoying the trip in their own way.

Olivia was looking out the glass window, watching the scenery as the large metal locomotive moved forward, skimming across the sand as if it were as slick as ice. Resting her chin on one palm, she was a picture of calm. However, every once and a while she would shoot an annoyed glance further into the metal car where a banging noise could be heard.

"Frederick I swear, if you break this transport and we have to walk to Merion, I will destroy you."

CLANG!

An even louder noise filled the small space, as if to mock her threatening words, and a grease-stained Frederick poked his head up from a small compartment in the floor where he had been happily working.

"Really, you will destroy me?" he grinned. "You and what army?"

Olivia studied her nails, ignoring his sarcasm. "It's strange...I seem to remember during our last sparring session one of us being defeated... badly." She tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Like, so badly it was humiliating."

"Ugh, please don't..."

"I wonder who that was again?" Her grin was vicious.

Frederick glared. "Fine. Point taken. But keep in mind, I'm not breaking anything!"

"Really? That banging noise I heard was you just passively observing?"

"No, but all I'm doing is trying to get a closer look at this mechanism." His eyes brightened. "It's incredible to see a magical artifact like this, something so huge but it moves so smoothly!"

With one hand gesturing further down into the space below the floor, he continued to excitedly explain. "A level 5 earth artifact like this is the stuff dreams are made of. It actually combines several different magics involving the connection between the vehicle and the ground as well as speed adjustment, terrain variability..."