《②》'Shia LaBeouf-'

Start from the beginning

He had tried to brush it off, knowing they probably didn't mean it as a joke... but that's what it felt like.

... and it became painfully obvious that Poppy didn't return his feelings after he confessed to her in a song when they were all stuck in that pot, and she took it as platonic love... of course, it hurt, and he was disappointed... but not as much as one would have thought when being friend-zoned by his first crush...

It was only when he was in that strange hug with you after they saved everyone in Bergen-Town, that he finally, really, realized that he was crushing on you...

Sometimes he can still feel the warmth of your hand against his back and the vibrations of your voice...

He had it bad...

It only got worse after he told you everything about his past experiences with Bergens, and you didn't tell him to forgive them, you didn't tell him to stop holding a grudge, you didn't make him feel bad about 'having beef' with them... you told him it was ok, and that his reasons are valid...

You understood him in a way that Poppy never could.

It was only after you confronted him about his fading colors that he finally accepted that he had a crush on you... not like denying it would have helped him any or changed anything, but after you had given him some, surprisingly good, advice about his colors, he just.... finally made peace with himself and stopped fighting it. Of course, that didn't mean he's entirely over Poppy... he might never get over her, seeing that she was his first crush after all... but its become way easier to hang around her without feeling that pain in his chest.

... But right now, he's leading you to that perfect spot he had in mind for the shelter.

... which was definitely just a coincidence that it was close to his bunker...

Definitely...

........................

............

I-it's just in case something happens and you need to get him or visa versa! It's convenient!

He slowed down his jog as the marked area came into sight. He had marked a big X into the ground before he went looking for you, so it'd be easier to find it again and make sure he didn't walk past it. It was a big enough space that the two of you could dig a big enough hole so you would be able to stretch out, and depending on how deep the hole is or how tall the branches are, you might be able to sit up in the shelter once they finish, and this spot had enough cover from the trees so when it rains, it wouldn't cause any problems like flooding or the shelter collapsing.

"Ok, this is the spot." He nodded, placing his plans down near a tree. "Let's get to digging." He pulled a shovel from his hair, ignoring the faint joke that you made about digging your grave.

As Branch dug, he couldn't stop his gaze from constantly trailing up to look at you, where you were on your knees, digging with your bare hands, since you didn't have a shovel of your own... just your hands alone dug faster than his much smaller shovel, a light gleam of sweat shining in the sunlight against your dirtied skin, a zoned out look on your dirt covered face from all the times you accidentally wiped your face with your hands...

... he watched with a slowly forming smile as you threw dirt behind you, spraying everything with dirt as you dug like some kind of animal... it was definitely a strange tactic, but it seemed to be working...

He wondered what you were thinking about... knowing you, probably something weird.

You were thinking about how much easier it is to dig in this place then your own world... like, why the fuck is it so soft?! Goddamn, you're like a drill! Better watch out, we 'bout to spin outta this bitch- ... why Branch is staring at you-